Intel officially announcing 10nm manufacturing

WMGroomAK
1 hour ago, Darth Revan said:

Thanks. Just one more question, which will allow me to OC the processor, the Z series or H series?

On Intel's current platforms, you need a Z-Series board and a K-Sku CPU in order to OC.

37 minutes ago, WMGroomAK said:

On Intel's current platforms, you need a Z-Series board and a K-Sku CPU in order to OC.

Thanks.

7 hours ago, Darth Revan said:

Thanks. Just one more question, which will allow me to OC the processor, the Z series or H series?

Typically, only Z-series, but Asrock has allowed it on H before. Do some more research on that. I don't know enough.

Just now, MandelFrac said:

Typically, only Z-series, but Asrock has allowed it on H before. Do some more research on that. I don't know enough.

I think that was through some BIOS based Base Clock OC-ing...

On 29/03/2017 at 6:52 PM, Coaxialgamer said:

Actually , looking at the formula ASML ( the company that designs the lithography equipement ) devised , you can deduce a "standard node value" based on the different characteristics of the node . Intel's 10nm ( 9.5nm ) , while denser than both tsmc and samsung's 10nm nodes ( 11.3 nm and 12nm respectively ), is still significantly less dense than their 7nm nodes ( 8.2nm for TSMC / Gloflo , 8.4nm for Samsung ) .

https://www.semiwiki.com/forum/content/6160-2016-leading-edge-semiconductor-landscape.html

https://www.semiwiki.com/forum/content/6498-2017-leading-edge-semiconductor-landscape.html

Please see the new technical thread. The standard node measurement no longer holds according to Mark Bohr. Also, your article uses incorrect numbers for intel (40nm for MMP vs. the real 36) and takes no other changes (such as actual cell size) into account. Intel has beaten TSMC's density quite handily.