Wifi speed limited to 54mbps

m1cr0l
Go to solution Solved by m1cr0l,

Ok i found the solution. Basically I'm dumb and disabled HT mode under "advanced" settings. To anyone else with the same problem, change HT mode option to "HT mode/VHT mode" and should be solved.

Brand new HP Omen 15 with the intel AC7265 chip. No matter whether I'm connected to the 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz channel, the wifi speed is always limited to 54Mbps. The laptop can be right up against the router but wifi speed is still limited to 54Mbps. I've updated the wireless driver to the latest one and also fiddled around with some of the settings in the "Advanced' section of the wifi adapter but to no avail. Any tips?

What's the model of the router?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Arcadyan ac1900, some generic router provided by my ISP. However I'm 100% sure that the router is not the problem. On every other device connected to the same router, none of them are being limited to 54mbps. 

5 minutes ago, Lurick said:

What's the model of the router?

Arcadyan ac1900, some generic router provided by my ISP. However I'm 100% sure that the router is not the problem. On every other device connected to the same router, none of them are being limited to 54mbps. 

Ok i found the solution. Basically I'm dumb and disabled HT mode under "advanced" settings. To anyone else with the same problem, change HT mode option to "HT mode/VHT mode" and should be solved.

If not, TKIP encryption is enabed on your router instead of TKIP/AES.

TKIP only allows 54Mbits.