NEED HELP- VIRUSES ON WINDOWS/Temp

I need help on my PC my anti virus keeps telling me it found threats at my Windows/Temp folder everytime I see it I immediately perform a full scan of my PC and it ticks out threats here and there but everytime I connec to the internet my anti- virus just keeps on detecting them. I don't know any other methods to do.

Anti- Virus- Avast

PC: ASUS ROG GL7552VX

thanks for the response I am very frustrated about this.

If it keeps coming back the easiest way would be to ensure you have important data backed up and then reinstall Windows.

that would be my last resort. Any other methods that I can try to fix this? It only happens everytime it connects to the internet.

obviously you have something in the background likely doing it then or you keep going to an infected website. Try downloading Malwarebytes and give it a go. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, tlink said:

what kind of virus does it report as?

Threat: Win64:Malware-gen

15 minutes ago, OnABudgetGamer said:

Threat: Win64:Malware-gen

I don't really like or trust avast.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

23 minutes ago, NinJake said:

If it keeps coming back the easiest way would be to ensure you have important data backed up and then reinstall Windows.

Literally what I am doing right now xD

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

16 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

obviously you have something in the background likely doing it then or you keep going to an infected website. Try downloading Malwarebytes and give it a go. 

I found the background process that's been running it was a .tmp file, I tried opening its location but windows won't let me I preceded to stop its process and ran a virus check at the temp folder its clean now. I then restarted my PC and connected to the internet  and no notif, and re- ran a virus check at the temp folder and there were no threats found. Am I clean?

2 minutes ago, Ashiella said:

I don't really like or trust avast.

do you have a better recomendation? I'd appreciate where you point me to the best :D

if you feel confident that its clean and no more notifications. Clean is a subjective term. Only way to know 100% certain is to do a fresh install. 

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, OnABudgetGamer said:

I found the background process that's been running it was a .tmp file, I tried opening its location but windows won't let me I preceded to stop its process and ran a virus check at the temp folder its clean now. I then restarted my PC and connected to the internet  and no notif, and re- ran a virus check at the temp folder and there were no threats found. Am I clean?

Hate to break it to ya, but probably not

So is the rest probably

Just now, OnABudgetGamer said:

do you have a better recomendation? I'd appreciate where you point me to the best :D

I personally have been using Trend Micro for 20+ years without any issues. It is a paid subscription, but worth it IMO for peace of mind. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

get malwarebytes, its really good against it. if the .tmp file was small you could've uploaded it to virustotal.com, i use them for any small suspicious file.

Just now, legacy99 said:

I personally have been using Trend Micro for 20+ years without any issues. It is a paid subscription, but worth it IMO for peace of mind. 

I liked trend micro and malware bytes. My two fav. Although I don't use any. Maybe a casual scan with Malware Bytes

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

Yeah, TrendMicro is what found the crap on my PC as well...

So is the rest probably

2 hours ago, myselfolli said:

Hate to break it to ya, but probably not

Your right. on the 3rd restart I did it popped up again. currently installing malwarebytes.

I just finished scanning using Malware-bytes... I just realized how crap my PC is 2720 threats found. And the performance is still great even tho its almost engulfed with crap. I'm probably going to move to malwarebytes as my anti-virus now. damn. hopefully it fully cleans up my PC. 

Guys, something went terribly wrong. After scanning all the threats were moved to quarantine and malwarebytes told me to restart my PC so I did and now I was logged into a temporary account in windows 10 and it says 'we can't sign into your account' it says I have to sign out to be able to sign back in but when I do it just fails. And returns to a temporary account. I'm freaking out right now. I don't know what to do. 

Update: I'm following this guide on how to get back to my account. -->http://windowsreport.com/fix-signed-in-temporary-profile-windows-10/

Im currently at the Sulotion 1 currently. It is still scanning. I might just leave it be and get back to it tommorow I gotta sleep. We'll see otherwise if I can't fix my PC. I'm going to

get it to a professional.

58 minutes ago, OnABudgetGamer said:

Update: I'm following this guide on how to get back to my account. -->http://windowsreport.com/fix-signed-in-temporary-profile-windows-10/

Im currently at the Sulotion 1 currently. It is still scanning. I might just leave it be and get back to it tommorow I gotta sleep. We'll see otherwise if I can't fix my PC. I'm going to

get it to a professional.

That will be fine if you just want peace of mind but be warned that the tech that looks at your laptop will most likely just do a fresh install of Windows and may charge you a pretty ridiculous price for it.

Some virus' replace important files. So you get rid of the virus then you'll also get rid of something important.

Before you know it you've bricked your OS. Especially if it's a Trojan as it will just let more and more in which is probably what happened every time you connected to the internet.

That's why it's best to back up your stuff and format as sometimes you've lost the game before you even know it has started.

It's not a race to the bottom.

On 24/03/2017 at 5:33 PM, OnABudgetGamer said:

Guys, something went terribly wrong. After scanning all the threats were moved to quarantine and malwarebytes told me to restart my PC so I did and now I was logged into a temporary account in windows 10 and it says 'we can't sign into your account' it says I have to sign out to be able to sign back in but when I do it just fails. And returns to a temporary account. I'm freaking out right now. I don't know what to do. 

Just do a reboot of the computer as that fixed my being kicked into a temporary profile after avast decided to update itself without permission and locked down my main profile.

Also, check the event viewer if you get kicked back into a temporary profile again as it might reveal if your original profile is knackered or something is holding it up and stopping the system from accessing it, but if you can access the files in that profile I'd suggest that you back them all up, nuke the drive from orbit and start from scratch as that is what I would have done if I'd seen that many infections in the results.

Also, I wouldn't suggest using malwarebytes since its more recent version has given me nothing but issues and has caused it to be removed from any computer I have that has displayed issues with it installed (and that has been all of them).