eBay Xbox One S

Is it safe to buy this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Microsoft-XBOX-ONE-S-Battlefield-1-Bundle-500-GB-White-Console-Gaming-Games-/201773302333?hash=item2efaa0423d:g:cSkAAOSw9GhYbbUn... Or any other console on eBay.
I live in Argentina, South America and prices are very high (at least for the Xbox One S), so I thought about eBay as a good idea. Including shipping and tax, it's still cheaper than buying it here. I'll appreciate every advice.

I think that import taxes will make it not worth it, but I'm not sure.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Estas 100% seguro que incluye los impuestos de importación para Argentina? Yo he tenido algunos problemitas con importaciones internacionales aquí en México. Independiente de los impuestos el vendedor se ve OK

Quote or tag if you want me to answer! PM me if you are in a real hurry!

Why do Java developers wear glasses? Because they can't C#!

My Machines:

The Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

-Processor: i5 6600k @4.6GHz

-Graphics: GTX1060 6GB G1 Gaming

-RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR4 2133MHz

-Motherboard: Asus Z170-A

-Cooler: Corsair H100i

-PSU: EVGA 650W 80+bronze

-AOC 1080p ultrawide

My good old laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo T430

-Processor: i7 3520M

-4GB DDR3 1600MHz

-Graphics: intel iGPU :(

-Not even 1080p

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

I think that import taxes will make it not worth it, but I'm not sure.

My country's import tax is 55%, but it will still be cheaper than buying it here including shipping (as I said). The problem is that I've no experience buying on eBay, I don't know if it's safe.

7 minutes ago, DaemonWarrior44 said:

Is it safe to buy this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Microsoft-XBOX-ONE-S-Battlefield-1-Bundle-500-GB-White-Console-Gaming-Games-/201773302333?hash=item2efaa0423d:g:cSkAAOSw9GhYbbUn... Or any other console on eBay.
I live in Argentina, South America and prices are very high (at least for the Xbox One S), so I thought about eBay as a good idea. Including shipping and tax, it's still cheaper than buying it here. I'll appreciate every advice.

Yes it is safe as long as you use PayPal. Ebay guarantees money back and PayPal is so buyer friendly and i am sometimes scared to use it as a casual seller. I could not find the information if the import tax is included or not.

Just now, DaemonWarrior44 said:

My country's import tax is 55%, but it will still be cheaper than buying it here including shipping (as I said). The problem is that I've no experience buying on eBay, I don't know if it's safe.

Wow, 55% taxes is insane! I always complain about the 16% here :P Anyway, if you are SURE about the taxes+shipping costs, the seller seems to be pretty solid. However, in the end you buy at your own risk

My Machines:

The Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

-AOC 1080p ultrawide

My good old laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo T430

-4GB DDR3 1600MHz

-Not even 1080p

1 minute ago, dany_boy said:

Estas 100% seguro que incluye los impuestos de importación para Argentina? Yo he tenido algunos problemitas con importaciones internacionales aquí en México. Independiente de los impuestos el vendedor se ve OK

El precio que figura en la página del producto no incluye los impuestos de importación, solo incluye el envío (más abajo). Pero, teniendo en cuenta que este impuesto es del 55% e incluyendo el envío, el precio total sería de 8.000 pesos argentinos (aproximadamente), mientras que en páginas como MercadoLibre u otras locales cuesta más de 10.000 pesos argentinos.

1 minute ago, dany_boy said:

Wow, 55% taxes is insane! I always complain about the 16% here :P

Sí, es totalmente ridículo el impuesto a la importación aquí, en Argentina. Maldito Mauricio Macri, jajajaja

3 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

Yes it is safe as long as you use PayPal. Ebay guarantees money back and PayPal is so buyer friendly and i am sometimes scared to use it as a casual seller. I could not find the information if the import tax is included or not.

Okay, I'll have to create a PayPal account, is it easy? :S

1 minute ago, DaemonWarrior44 said:

It is super easy, safe and convenient. I prefer to pay with paypal over my bank account

My Machines:

The Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

-AOC 1080p ultrawide

My good old laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo T430

-4GB DDR3 1600MHz

-Not even 1080p

Yes very and it is widely used in the world. Literally nothing can happen if you use paypal at least here in europe. No idea if paypal south america has different rules.

But as it states ebay even guarantees additionally 14 days money back.

Okay, guys. Thank you all for helping me with this, I really appreciate it. I don't have much experience buying online and literally any experience buying on eBay. Again, thank you.

Okay, guys. Thank you all for helping me with this, I really appreciate it. I don't have much experience buying online and literally any experience buying on eBay. Again, thank you.

Ebay has very high standards for customer protection and paypal too. It is easy to scam sellers because it is much harder for them to proof that the customer is fraudulent.

2 minutes ago, DaemonWarrior44 said:

I just sold items for 60 € on eBay this week (old pc parts) and all my buyers used paypal. I instantly withdraw their money to my bank account because if the buyer opens a paypal case then my money is frozen and it is hard to proof that the buyer is a fraud or was his mistake.

Just now, Teddy07 said:

Ebay has very high standards for customer protection and paypal too. It is easy to scam sellers because it is much harder for them to proof that the customer is fraudulent.

I also noticed that "Top-rated seller" thing...

1 minute ago, DaemonWarrior44 said:

that means he is a professional seller and look at his rating. It should always be around 95+%

3 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

I instantly withdraw their money to my bank account because if the buyer opens a paypal case then my money is frozen and it is hard to proof that the buyer is a fraud or was his mistake.

Well, there's a phrase commonly used here, it's "El cliente tiene siempre la razón", it means "The buyer is always right", haha. Thanks for the info.

3 minutes ago, DaemonWarrior44 said:

Sorry did look again and he is no professional seller just a guy with only positive ratings.

1 minute ago, Teddy07 said:

Sorry did look again and he is no professional seller just a guy with only positive ratings.

I sold a processor on eBay and everything went smooth. Then eBay charged me $5 for a 'business' fee or some crap. I shut down my account after that. Not sure what that was all about, but I lost $5.

3 minutes ago, onlybuilt4cubanxlinx said:

I sold a processor on eBay and everything went smooth. Then eBay charged me $5 for a 'business' fee or some crap. I shut down my account after that. Not sure what that was all about, but I lost $5.

That was probably the ebay fee for a sold item. The amount depends on the sold price of your processor. It is free to sell items and ebay charges you only if the item sold. .

17 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

That was probably the ebay fee for a sold item. The amount depends on the sold price of your processor. It is free to sell items and ebay charges you only if the item sold. .

Oooooooo.. Had no idea that a fee applied.

1 hour ago, onlybuilt4cubanxlinx said:

Oooooooo.. Had no idea that a fee applied.

Well ebay wants to make money and that is their way. I believe the fee is ~5-10% of the item price but don't pin me down on that number:P