Two card issues (non-SLI)

PH0U3YY0U3Y

I bought a GTX 1070 on Friday and I was going to use my old 780 as a PhysX card, but when I first tried there were not enough 8-pin connectors since the 1070 used one and the 780 used an 8-pin and 6-pin. So, I got the extra PCI-E cable from Corsair today, and I plugged the 780 in and once I had everything plugged in (the most relevant thing here is the two DVI monitors and HDMI TV) to the 1070 (one monitor with an adapter that did work before), I booted up the system only to find NOTHING on any display. So, I swapped the monitor that I knew was the main one over to one of the DVI ports on the 780. Then, I got something to display and was able to log in. I then opened the NVIDIA control panel to see what was going on, only to find that my 1070 wasn't showing up, although being on and plugged in completely. So, I checked HWiNFO to see if it showed there as well as the Windows device manager, and it didn't show in either of those. So, I am now wondering what to do.

tl;dr - I got a 1070 and was using my 780 as a PhysX card, but the 1070 wasn't picked up by my desktop despite being on. I don't know where to go from here.

Have you tried removing the 780? Physx cards dont do anything anyway

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

Dedicated Phys X cards are useless. Get rid of the 780. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Okay, thank you all! I was thinking that it was a problem with the 780 and this confirms it.