Noob Water-cooling Questions

I've almost finished planning my custom water loop, but I have a few questions that I couldn't find answers for online (I'm cooling two GTX 1080 Tis and an i7 6800K).

First of all, I saw a JayzTwoCents video where his PC (Skunkworks) has very thin-looking fittings between each GPU. So far I'm looking at EK-ACF fittings, but they look much bigger than the ones in Jay's build (and other builds I've seen online). I currently have the GPUs with a 3-slot separation, so are these thin fittings required?

Secondly, I'm thinking of mixing distilled water with EK-Ekoolant Pastel White. Is this a good choice, and how long should I wait before changing the fluid once it's in the system?

Finally, I'm deciding between Noctua NF-F12 120mm and Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition 120mm fans. The Noctua fans are a bit more expensive, so is it really worth the £7/$9 price difference per fan?

Thanks in advance.

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

26 minutes ago, aL_eX said:

I've almost finished planning my custom water loop, but I have a few questions that I couldn't find answers for online (I'm cooling two GTX 1080 Tis and an i7 6800K).

First of all, I saw a JayzTwoCents video where his PC (Skunkworks) has very thin-looking fittings between each GPU. So far I'm looking at EK-ACF fittings, but they look much bigger than the ones in Jay's build (and other builds I've seen online). I currently have the GPUs with a 3-slot separation, so are these thin fittings required?

Secondly, I'm thinking of mixing distilled water with EK-Ekoolant Pastel White. Is this a good choice, and how long should I wait before changing the fluid once it's in the system?

Finally, I'm deciding between Noctua NF-F12 120mm and Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition 120mm fans. The Noctua fans are a bit more expensive, so is it really worth the £7/$9 price difference per fan?

Thanks in advance.

I can tell you about the fans, as I testing out different fans on the radiator for my home server build. I had the Corsair SP120 with LED and it was barely acceptable performance for a 120mm fan. It was quite noisy around 26dB which I had to slow it down. They are replaced by Noctua P12 which is dead quiet at full speed, dropped CPU load temps by about 3c delta. Noctua also has longer warranty and MTBF rating. 

Just now, ottoyu34 said:

I can tell you about the fans, as I testing out different fans on the radiator for my home server build. I had the Corsair SP120 with LED and it was barely acceptable performance for a 120mm fan. It was quite noisy around 26dB which I had to slow it down. They are replaced by Noctua P12 which is dead quiet at full speed, dropped CPU load temps by about 3c delta. Noctua also has longer warranty and MTBF rating. 

Thanks, I'll definitely go for the Noctuas then.

6 hours ago, aL_eX said:

Yes, yes they are. I wish they sold a 180mm fan.

IMG_5171.thumb.JPG.5dea762ed4162104f038bd2d652b3364.JPG

Hit the Funny Button!    :D     The more you press it the funnier you get  :)

---------------------------------------------->

Projekt Wasserturm  Office/Game Room Remodel