Best ram optimization

What would be the best ram optimization for a gaming/media duel monitor setup? I7 7700k, msi z270 A pro, msi gtx 1070, evga 650w 80+ gold, sandisk 240g ssd.   8g of ram 16g of ram? If 16g would 4x4g be better or 2x8g??  I'm fairly new to pc building on my own, just trying to make sure I get everything right!

6 minutes ago, OrphanGenocide said:

What would be the best ram optimization for a gaming/media duel monitor setup? I7 7700k, msi z270 A pro, msi gtx 1070, evga 650w 80+ gold, sandisk 240g ssd.   8g of ram 16g of ram? If 16g would 4x4g be better or 2x8g??  I'm fairly new to pc building on my own, just trying to make sure I get everything right!

get 16gb but in 2x8g sticks (have 2 more slots for more later if need)

Two 8GB sticks of RAM is simply better because of its ability to scale. You can always add more if you are only using two of four slots.  But you would have to replace, or mix-match if you want to increase the capacity when using all four slots.

8GBs of ram is still okay for gaming + some multitasking, but I would suggest you to go for 2x 8GB modules of ram. Any 2400MHz of any CL would do the job, but if you want to squeeze a bit more your CPU without going for any crazy prices, go for 3000MHz CL16 or 15 or even 3200MHz CL15.

Edit: Never go for a single module because you wont benefit from the dual channel feature (which pretty much doubles your ram bus width which pretty much means that It will send and receive data faster). So yeah, get 2 sticks, 4 doesnt make any sense, you loose upgradebility and they will cost more.

2 hours ago, Maxinfamily said:

8GBs of ram is still okay for gaming + some multitasking, but I would suggest you to go for 2x 8GB modules of ram. Any 2400MHz of any CL would do the job, but if you want to squeeze a bit more your CPU without going for any crazy prices, go for 3000MHz CL16 or 15 or even 3200MHz CL15.

Edit: Never go for a single module because you wont benefit from the dual channel feature (which pretty much doubles your ram bus width which pretty much means that It will send and receive data faster). So yeah, get 2 sticks, 4 doesnt make any sense, you loose upgradebility and they will cost more.

Sweet that's what I figured! Like said though pretty new to doing a build on my own so just wanted some outside opinions! Thanks again! 

1 hour ago, OrphanGenocide said:

Sweet that's what I figured! Like said though pretty new to doing a build on my own so just wanted some outside opinions! Thanks again! 

No problem! Im here to help as much as I can :D