CPU temperature oscillating

Go to solution Solved by SkilledRebuilds,

Completely fine. It varies to much because your CPU speed is changing its speed all the time...

Your CPU under low load, will declock MHZ to 800mhz when not doing much..... UP TO the boost clock when you push it.

When its low mhz (under 1-3Ghz and below), your temps go down to typical idle temps, when PC requires more power, the CPU clocks to Max it can and temps follow suit.

In any couple of seconds at any time,..., your CPU can flux its frequency many times. (It has sensors detecting many things) and the corespeed changes frequently. This is all normal, happens to everyone, and is of no concern as your temps are also fine and within "typical" usage findings.

Around 25-40*c Idle temps (depending on where you live in the world, and current airflow/cooling potential) are normal.

The temperature of my cpu is oscillating, is not stable, is it normal? I recorded a video showing the temperature and use

My processor is Intel core i7 7700K Kaby Lake

Other Infos of my Setup:

Cooler: CoolBox Cyclone IV

MotherBoard:Asus ROG Strix z270E

GPU:GTX 1080 MSI ARMOR

RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX

PSU: 700W

Completely fine. It varies to much because your CPU speed is changing its speed all the time...

Your CPU under low load, will declock MHZ to 800mhz when not doing much..... UP TO the boost clock when you push it.

When its low mhz (under 1-3Ghz and below), your temps go down to typical idle temps, when PC requires more power, the CPU clocks to Max it can and temps follow suit.

In any couple of seconds at any time,..., your CPU can flux its frequency many times. (It has sensors detecting many things) and the corespeed changes frequently. This is all normal, happens to everyone, and is of no concern as your temps are also fine and within "typical" usage findings.

Around 25-40*c Idle temps (depending on where you live in the world, and current airflow/cooling potential) are normal.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

1 minute ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Completely fine.

Your CPU under low load, will declock MHZ to 800mhz UP TO the boost clock.

When its low, your temps go down, when it rises, so do temps.

In a couple of seconds, your CPU can flux its frequency many times. (It has sensors detecting many things) and the corespeed changes frequently.

This is all normal, happens to everyone, and is of no concern as your temps are also fine and within "typical" usage findings.

Around 28-40*c Idle temps (depending on where you live in the world, and current airflow) are normal.

Thanks! :DI'm fine now