Commentary on my rig, need some advices

Go to solution Solved by FAQBytes,

Before temps

Screenshot_2017-03-21-02-42-33.jpg

After temps

Screenshot_2017-03-21-02-42-02.jpg

So, I think I was right in what I was assuming. Would it be possible to mount a fan around that area? It dropped the temps by 25C, and it looks a whole lot better that way.

After you can try to lower fan speeds until you hit around 70-75C. To make it quieter.

@FAQBytes

Burn test quickie results

Full fan speed (expand the spoiler)

Spoiler

Full_fan_speed.png

Half fan speed

Spoiler

Half_fan_speed.png

And the temps are rising with half fan speed. If I turn it off completely, It will rise even more I guess

Just now, Blazth said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

Even 50% looks reasonable to me. I wouldn't go much lower than that though.

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

Just now, FAQBytes said:

Even 50% looks reasonable to me. I wouldn't go much lower than that though.

Yeah normally I wouldn't, But there are literally In total 8 fans + 1psu fan + 3 vga fan are there spinning and making noise.. I'll just do that maybe when I'm surfing, not gaming or stress testing.

And there it goes, with the fans off

Spoiler

fans_off.png

4 minutes ago, Blazth said:

And there it goes, with the fans off

Oh boy, lots of things aren't showing up.

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

3 minutes ago, FAQBytes said:

Oh boy, most things aren't showing up.

Thats again, fault of the hw monitor, it's refreshing :)

Ignore the minimum values too

Here, this is now;

Spoiler

not_so_faulty_results.png

Just now, Blazth said:

Thats again, fault of the hw monitor, it's refreshing :)

Here, this is now;

Hide contents

not_so_faulty_results.png

Actually, you might have been right with your PSU being a problem. 5v should be running at 5v and 12 at 12. If those are right, that explains why the mosfets are so hot.

I want you to get HWInfo64 and see if the voltages are the same. If possible borrow a known good PSU to see if the motherboard is outputting the correct voltages. If you have a volt meter, testing with that would also be a good thing to do.

@FAQBytes

Okay I did it. Here is a video with intel burn test active. You can see all the details on the video with HWInfo64

I recorded it 10fps to upload easily

I'll try to find a psu that is good and test it with that as soon as possible. Not sure if I can find but still.

As for the volt meter, I don't know how to use it but I'll try to find one and use it

The video;

2017.03.21-08.36.mp4

7 minutes ago, Blazth said:

@FAQBytes

Okay I did it. Here is a video with intel burn test active. You can see all the details on the video with HWInfo64

I recorded it 10fps to upload easily

I'll try to find a psu that is good and test it with that as soon as possible. Not sure if I can find but still.

As for the volt meter, I don't know how to use it but I'll try to find one and use it

The video;

2017.03.21-08.36.mp4

OK, I trust HWInfo more, and it looks like your PSU is OK. I'm not sure how much I trust that PSU in my big rig, but I've used worse. 

Temps still seem to be relatively high. Would it be possible to hold that fan right next to that left VRM heatsink just to see how temps are? The motherboard may have relied on a CPU fan to help cool that area, and it's kinda in a dead zone with how that radiator is mounted.

45 minutes ago, FAQBytes said:

-snip-

Did that just now,
Results

Spoiler

Screenshot_1.png

Before temps

Screenshot_2017-03-21-02-42-33.jpg

After temps

Screenshot_2017-03-21-02-42-02.jpg

So, I think I was right in what I was assuming. Would it be possible to mount a fan around that area? It dropped the temps by 25C, and it looks a whole lot better that way.

After you can try to lower fan speeds until you hit around 70-75C. To make it quieter.

1 hour ago, FAQBytes said:

-snip-

Yeah, that makes sense.  I will try to mount a fan next to the vrm, not if I keep the one that I've installed on the "support". Man really thank you. I will also try other suggestions, if I can. 

Will keep here posted if I do something new on the system. Temps feel nice tho,  noise is the only problem now while the system is under stress. Rest of the problems are gone now. 

You know what, maybe I'll poke a hole to a wall for hdmi cable and kb/mouse and put my bloody pc to any other room. Since it has no more problem than noise. Yeah I am sort of a crazy person, I can't stand noise, and temperature levels of my computer. And I'm broke, yeah that too. Or just that. Yeah.