need help for new monitor

Poohy14

i currently have a samung syncMaster 2253 bw 2MS 8:000:1 D and its not LED and not 1080P and i want to get a new monitor and it has to be a LCD LED 27in for under $300 and i was looking at a BenQ GW2750HM or a ASUS VS278Q-P but i dont know what to get but something with DVI and i dont really want accessories on it because that brings up the price and i dont care if it has a gloss bezel or not just something that is good for the price

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

For 300$, you are definitely only going to get white LED backlight, you don't have to worry about that. White LED cost nothing, hence why used and marketed by companies to make you believe it's good, by pushing that is green, but obviously not pushing or mentioning anything related to colors, as it obviously output a blue'ish white, which affects all colors. But it's green! And you might save a few pennies at the end of the year on your electric bill! Anyway.

You do realize that for 300$ you are only getting 1080p... 1080p on 27inch monitor is not good at all. It's like using a TV.. text will be a bit blurry, and sharpness won't be great. Only get 27inch 1080p monitor if you plan to have it far away from you, else get a 23/24inch monitor at that resolution.

If you want 2560x1440, a proper resolution for a 27inch monitor, you are looking at IPS panels ('cause they are no TN panels at that resolution... as TN are targeted at the budget market), and because these monitors are targeted at being high consumer grade monitor (so great warranty, solid build quality, lots of inputs, fast (actual response time, not the false measurement mentioned on the box) panel, true 8-bit panel, color processor, etc.), you are looking at around 600-700$. Definitely worth your money, if you wonder, not even a question about it. But yea.. more than twice your budget :/

perhaps you can look at the cheap Korean monitor than on eBay.. they are A- panels (so panel that have some level of issue beyond dead pixels, but still ok for some.. depends on your luck and standards)

For 300$, you are definitely only going to get white LED backlight, you don't have to worry about that. White LED cost nothing, hence why used and marketed by companies to make you believe it's good, by pushing that is green, but obviously not pushing or mentioning anything related to colors, as it obviously output a blue'ish white, which affects all colors. But it's green! And you might save a few pennies at the end of the year on your electric bill! Anyway.

You do realize that for 300$ you are only getting 1080p... 1080p on 27inch monitor is not good at all. It's like using a TV.. text will be a bit blurry, and sharpness won't be great. Only get 27inch 1080p monitor if you plan to have it far away from you, else get a 23/24inch monitor at that resolution.

If you want 2560x1440, a proper resolution for a 27inch monitor, you are looking at IPS panels ('cause they are no TN panels at that resolution... as TN are targeted at the budget market), and because these monitors are targeted at being high consumer grade monitor (so great warranty, solid build quality, lots of inputs, fast (actual response time, not the false measurement mentioned on the box) panel, true 8-bit panel, color processor, etc.), you are looking at around 600-700$. Definitely worth your money, if you wonder, not even a question about it. But yea.. more than twice your budget :/

perhaps you can look at the cheap Korean monitor than on eBay.. they are A- panels (so panel that have some level of issue beyond dead pixels, but still ok for some.. depends on your luck and standards)

that doesnt really help me any

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Server

Spoiler

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

What I am trying to say is get a 23inch monitor unless you are up close.

Here is a well reviews, solid build quality, non-glossy, has DVI, VGA and also DisplayPort as inputs, and a fully adjustable stand. It is also an IPS panel (eIPS panel to be exact (entry level IPS)). http://accessories.dell.com/sna/prod...=baynoteSearch

Its currently on special at 250$, which fits nicely with your budget, regular price is 300. It has free shipping.

What I am trying to say is get a 23inch monitor unless you are up close.

Here is a well reviews, solid build quality, non-glossy, has DVI, VGA and also DisplayPort as inputs, and a fully adjustable stand. It is also an IPS panel (eIPS panel to be exact (entry level IPS)). http://accessories.dell.com/sna/prod...=baynoteSearch

Its currently on special at 250$, which fits nicely with your budget, regular price is 300. It has free shipping.

thanks i will look into it

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Server

Spoiler