Hi guys,

I am very inexperienced in terms of overclocking and could really use some advice. I have a fairly low-end PC (CPU: AMD A10-7850K, MOBO: ASUS A68HM-K Micro ATX, GPU: ASUS DUAL FAN GTX 1060 6GB OC, 430w PSU, 8GB of DDR3 RAM, and a 1TB HDD) I've been using the ASUS GPU Tweak software to overclock my GPU but I feel like this isn't doing much (possibly due to my extremely low end CPU which already bottlenecks the card). Can someone please help explain the best way to effectively overclock my CPU/GPU, or even assess my build and tell me if I'm even capable of overclocking? 

4 minutes ago, LiamGrahamCracker said:

Hi guys,

I am very inexperienced in terms of overclocking and could really use some advice. I have a fairly low-end PC (CPU: AMD A10-7850K, MOBO: ASUS A68HM-K Micro ATX, GPU: ASUS DUAL FAN GTX 1060 6GB OC, 430w PSU, 8GB of DDR3 RAM, and a 1TB HDD) I've been using the ASUS GPU Tweak software to overclock my GPU but I feel like this isn't doing much (possibly due to my extremely low end CPU which already bottlenecks the card). Can someone please help explain the best way to effectively overclock my CPU/GPU, or even assess my build and tell me if I'm even capable of overclocking? 

just gonna say this no brainer, have you turned of the a10s intergrated graphics in the UEFI? if not, this is your problem

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

Console.WriteLine("C# is aids");

1 minute ago, LiamGrahamCracker said:

Evga, 80 Plus

Don't over clock with that PSU. It sucks

5 minutes ago, nobiggieBIG said:

just gonna say this no brainer, have you turned of the a10s intergrated graphics in the UEFI? if not, this is your problem

I think I did after I installed my 1060 I'm not very fluent in BIOS terminology so I may have done something wrong