Switch between headphones

LagResponsibly

Hey there,

I have two pairs of headphones right now , and I listen to both of them quite often. I primarily listen to them through my PC, however if I want to change to the other pair I have to unplug and re-plug which gets a bit annoying. I wondered if anyone had any idea of an easier way to swap between them that still retained their audio quality.

Thanks in advance

Just now, Dabasepc said:

Y splitter?

I'd thought of that, but I'd rather they weren't both playing the music that I was listening too, as one pair is open and the other is closed and I use the closed pair at night so I don't wake people up.

My Personal Computer

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz (OC 3.8) 6-Core Processor

Cpu cooler DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz RAM 8x3

Storage: SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III

Storage:SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 500GB SATA III
Video Card: RTX 2060
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA 550 B3 550W

Peripherals

Monitor: Acer XF240H 24" TN Free-Sync ,144 Hz 

Keyboard: Corsair k95 RGB platinum

Mouse: Razer basilisk

Headset: Hyperx cloud alpha pro

I think that you would be better off with a hardware solution. I've worked with the Presonus Monitor Station v2, and it works fine. I believe you get 3 speakers out and 4 headphones, which is plenty for you. Of course, you should look at smaller and hopefully less expensive audio switches options, but this is the type of thing I'd recommend.

I use this:https://www.amazon.com/Pyle-Pro-PHA40-4-Channel-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B003M8NVFS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1490047897&sr=8-1&keywords=pyle+headphone+amp   just get some 1/4 adapters if using 3.5mm. I use so I can have headphones, speakers, and earbuds all connected. 

Edit: May not be able to power more thirsty headphones, it is more of a splitter than amp imo. Behringer makes the same design but look at reviews

Specs: Amd 1700x | NH-u12s | Asus crosshair hero vi | 2x8g Gskill flare x | Zotac 1080 | Samsung 960 EVO | Seasonic ssr-750GD | Thermaltake core x5 |