PNY M2 SSD not detected by Ryzen build

luksch

Hi,

I have successfully finished my Ryzen build. Everything works fine so far except my PNY CS2030 M2 PCIe x4 SSD is neither recognized by the BIOS nor Windows/Linux.

My components are listed below:

• Mainboard: ASUS Prime X370-PRO
  • CPU: AMD 1700X
  • RAM: 16GB DDR4 2666MHz
  • GPU: AMD Radeon RX480 (XFX RS)
  • SSD: PNY CS2030 PCIe x4

I have already put my HDD on SATA port 3, I have flashed the latest BIOS version today, I have disabled the boot compatibility mode. I have left the SATA mode enabled, as I do not plan to use the SSD in a RAID configuration.

Moreover, I have moved my graphics card from the first PCIe 3.0 x16 slot into the second one. However, this did not solve the issue.

A picture of the SSD on my board can be seen here. It seems to me that it is inserted correctly.

So, I would be most graceful if anyone could provide tips on how to solve the issue.

I appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

You tried a couple things I see, have you considered it might be DOA? or did you use it in a previous pc?

Try testing it in another pc to confirm.

It is kind of rare to see a m.2 ssd DOA but everything is possible.

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

That would be a pitty, as I have ordered the drive with the parts for my new PC. Anyway, I will hand it to some friends in order to check it with their builds.

However, I have to remove the cooler in order to access it...:S