Ultimate Touch Ultrabook

SamAlphabet

Hey everyone!

I have been looking at some of the latest and greatest laptops that are coming out to market and have taken the plunge into wanting to buy a Laptop for school. I want it for Word Processing, Web Surfing, Light Gaming and Light Graphics work. Now the computers at school are quite old and anything really would be an improvement but i really want the best that i can get. I want it to be fast, light and sleek. So really an Ultrabook is the way to go. Also to completely harness the Windows 8 experience, it would be great if it was a touch device,

Here is something that I have found and so far seems like its going to be the final choice:

http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/Superior_Mobility/ASUS_ZENBOOK_Touch_U500VZ/

Also I quite like this from Lenovo (Full Spec, on the right):

http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/web/LenovoPortal/en_US/catalog.workflow:category.details?current-catalog-id=12F0696583E04D86B9B79B0FEC01C087&current-category-id=1A4B81C8AC677A5FB11849005C1752B5&action=init

I would love to see what everyone's perspectives and thoughts about these new 'convertible' devices are and would love to get some feedback.

The Zenbook and the HP Spectre XT touch both look like great choices!

You were a noob once too!

ASUS looks really cool, go for it. I like my Macbook Air -it is the best for the web, -you get a mac ( I like it more than windows ) but you can also run windows on it. And It's youst a really good ultrabook. :) luck to you man!

I'd say get a Windows 8 tablet. I'm using a Surface at school. But you could always get something like the HP Envy X2 would be an awesome choice if you want x86 with great power efficiency :) Plus the extra battery and ports in the keyboard dock. Asus VivoTab is another good choice. Or even Samsung's Ativ line.

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys. Definitely looking for more of a notebook than a tablet though. I think ill try and get my hands on the Asus wherever possible

I bought an ASUS s550-cm ultrabook a few days ago. I'm enjoying it so far. Not full HD so that a minus. But yeah its pretty good.

Loving the Asus' line of ultrabooks, so pretty.

while (true) {

live();

}