tunnelbear type apps

bcguru9384

when a tunnel app changes your ip does it also change hostname and MAC address?

i believe that yes it is changing ip is fine since tcp is a triple redundent address system

since mac or/and hostname not changed you really are no more private then you were before the tunnel

your just making your isp info tables now register your mac(how isp identifies you anyway if docsis system, ppoe use hostname) with your accounts mac or hostname

but yes the ip will be changed and most people without some net knowledge will not be able to id your traffic

ip is just one of three identity cards

I think websites can't see your mac/hostname.

PC: Case: Cooler Master CM690 II - PSU: Cooler Master G650M - RAM: Transcend 4x 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz - MoBo: Gigabyte Z87x-D3H - CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5Ghz - GPU: MSI GTX1060 ARMOR OC - Hard disks: 4x 500Gb Seagate enterprise in RAID 0 - SSD: Crucial M4 128Gb

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6

they do see your modems

or your isp systems would block traffic as unauthorized device

MAC address is used at Layer 2 and is stripped off the packet at the next hop. The only reason the ISP knows about it is because the next device hop is their equipment which takes the MAC address and maps it to an IP address. If you have three devices 1------2-------3 then Device 2 will know about the MAC address of 1 but device 3 will NOT know about the MAC address of device 1.

TCP is not an address system, I don't know where you got that from but it's wrong, very very wrong.

Hostname is provided by the ISP and is only know by the ISP as to who's hostname belongs to what, sure other people can see a hostname but that won't identify you.

I don't know where you get this "IP is one of three identity cards" stuff from but you really need to learn how networking actually works, what happens and what really identifies you.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

the rfc handbook.

#100 to 6500

all about tcp and ip protocols

you always have source and destination address. always.

14 hours ago, bcguru9384 said:

the rfc handbook.

#100 to 6500

all about tcp and ip protocols

you always have source and destination address. always.

I know how source and destination addresses work, I'm a bloody network engineer and I work on complex networks on a daily basis, so don't think you can tell me how basic network functions work and try to reference RFCs to me.

MAC addresses are NOT static as the packet moves through a network.

MAC addresses are Layer 2 and the source and destination are stripped off at each hop, the destination becomes the source and the new destination becomes whatever device is next in line.

Only IP addresses are static from hop to hop, and only non RFC1918 addresses which are stripped off when you NAT or PAT your internal network to the external intranet, and those external addresses only stick when you don't go through a VPN or other anonymizer which will keep a mapping of your external IP and slap a new IP on the packet so it looks like it's coming from somewhere else.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

but if i make an iptable of all known "proxies" ip addresses then use isp iptable compare and find ipaddress send receive data and get list of machine addresses. well your private tunnel has holes.

besides what happens when 2 or more devices have same ip???

nat errors...

when ip collision occurs system must fallback to mac or host to id adapter and provide delivery of data

why xbox and playstation have nat (open, moderate, and strict)

it indicates whether your network has any to all those adapter identifiers in use on more than one device

51 minutes ago, bcguru9384 said:

besides what happens when 2 or more devices have same ip???

nat errors...

when ip collision occurs system must fallback to mac or host to id adapter and provide delivery of data

No, that's not how it works at all, just stop talking like you know anything about networking.

If two machines have the same IP address on a local network it doesn't fall back to anything. The ARP entries on the upstream device will flap and effectively cutoff both hosts, period. There are no NAT errors because the router will just forward the packets to whichever device it has cached for the ARP entry and depending on the speed of the flapping and how good the router is it will either ignore both hosts or just forward packets back and forth and the ARP requests come in.

59 minutes ago, bcguru9384 said:

but if i make an iptable of all known "proxies" ip addresses then use isp iptable compare and find ipaddress send receive data and get list of machine addresses. well your private tunnel has holes.

MAC addresses do not flow to the ISP. The ISP has one MAC address stored and that's for the router right behind the modem, or the DSL router and they only use that to assign you a public IP address. They DO NOT have a list of every MAC address on every persons network that is behind the network, there is NO way for them to get that information and there is NOTHING useful that information can provide.

48 minutes ago, bcguru9384 said:

why xbox and playstation have nat (open, moderate, and strict)

it indicates whether your network has any to all those adapter identifiers in use on more than one device

No it does not, stop spouting this crap. NAT is Network Address Translation. It translates an IP Address from one and masks it as another. Almost all residential connections use what is called PAT or Port Address Translation where the router will map multiple internal IP addresses to a single external IP address and send the packet as origination from a certain port and store that mapping so it knows where to send the return traffic. That is it, there is no MAC address storing, mapping, or anything of the sort.

Different types of NAT are used by Microsoft to indicate how easy it is for gamers and their games to communicate. Open NAT uses UPnP to open ports automatically to allow traffic to flow to and from the device. Moderate NAT filters out some of the port assignments and strict nat filters out all of the ports from being opened. Period.

At NO point in time do MAC addresses come into play and at NO point in time are they sent out on the internet.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

then why does my isp require mac be assigned account for my modem be authorized to talk on their network???????????

cable docsis3.0 system

oh just for you to understand

your mac is interlaced receivepoint mac

yes changes hop to hop

but it is there and is followable

judging by rant you do yucko things behind your proxy

after i learned of triple redundency of tcp protocol transport i stopped stealing cough downloading songs

12 hours ago, bcguru9384 said:

then why does my isp require mac be assigned account for my modem be authorized to talk on their network???????????

cable docsis3.0 system

So they can authorize the modem itself, they want the MAC address of the MODEM, not your computer. They need to be able to push firmware to the modem and make sure it's a supported model. Beyond that the modem doesn't even give a crap, it literally takes the IP address the ISP assigns to it and passes it to the router behind it.

12 hours ago, bcguru9384 said:

oh just for you to understand

your mac is interlaced receivepoint mac

yes changes hop to hop

but it is there and is followable

judging by rant you do yucko things behind your proxy

after i learned of triple redundency of tcp protocol transport i stopped stealing cough downloading songs

I am a network engineer, I do this for a living, it is my job, and you're going to try and tell me I don't know anything about MAC addresses or how packets flow through a network?!? Based on the ignorance you're spouting it's clear you're either a troll or a complete idiot who's content to live in ignorance.

My MAC address for my laptop is C8-5B-76-BC-5B-21 and you know what, there is NOTHING anybody can do about it, you can't use it to find me and you can't use it to track me. The only time it would even remotely come into play is if you're connect directly to the same switch and in the same broadcast domain as me and even then you would have to have access to the switch itself.

TCP is a TRANSPORT protocol. It stands for Transmission Control Protocol, it doesn't give a damn what your MAC address or hostname is or your IP address. It literally exists to make sure data gets from Point A to Point B reliably and in order. That's it. The packet header has no identifiable information for where it came from or where it's going to. It has source and destination port number and sequence numbers along with a checksum for data integrity.

Oh and just for an additional tidbit, torrents don't use TCP, they use UDP because they don't care if the data gets to you or not when it's sent.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

12 hours ago, Lurick said:

So they can authorize the modem itself, they want the MAC address of the MODEM, not your computer. They need to be able to push firmware to the modem and make sure it's a supported model. Beyond that the modem doesn't even give a crap, it literally takes the IP address the ISP assigns to it and passes it to the router behind it.

I am a network engineer, I do this for a living, it is my job, and you're going to try and tell me I don't know anything about MAC addresses or how packets flow through a network?!? Based on the ignorance you're spouting it's clear you're either a troll or a complete idiot who's content to live in ignorance.

My MAC address for my laptop is C8-5B-76-BC-5B-21 and you know what, there is NOTHING anybody can do about it, you can't use it to find me and you can't use it to track me. The only time it would even remotely come into play is if you're connect directly to the same switch and in the same broadcast domain as me and even then you would have to have access to the switch itself.

TCP is a TRANSPORT protocol. It stands for Transmission Control Protocol, it doesn't give a damn what your MAC address or hostname is or your IP address. It literally exists to make sure data gets from Point A to Point B reliably and in order. That's it. The packet header has no identifiable information for where it came from or where it's going to. It has source and destination port number and sequence numbers along with a checksum for data integrity.

Oh and just for an additional tidbit, torrents don't use TCP, they use UDP because they don't care if the data gets to you or not when it's sent.

you just got laid off

im sorry for this but employers track your social activity

remember your schooling

if tcp is just a layer of a whole

where and what functions are the remaining layers to build the whole picture???

ignorance maybe golden state but being ignorent leaves one open to control

the outsiders book best describes this transition phase between two.

you must read before furthur comments or you will never understand.....

nice extra reads are arthur c clarke rama series...

9 hours ago, bcguru9384 said:

you just got laid off

im sorry for this but employers track your social activity

LOL!

9 hours ago, bcguru9384 said:

remember your schooling

if tcp is just a layer of a whole

where and what functions are the remaining layers to build the whole picture???

I remember my schooling very well.

Maybe you should lookup the OSI model to find out for yourself.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC: