Creating a Virtual Hotspot in my Laptop

Zameer

I have internet connection i my laptop through the built-in wifi card. Is it possible to add an external wifi adapter and share my laptops internet through this external wifi adapter? Which software is best for this configuration?

I have searched this issue on Google and I have found solutions for sharing the laptop's wired connection over the wifi card. Just wondering if it will work using 2 wifi devices.

I am using windows 10.

20 minutes ago, Zameer said:

I have internet connection i my laptop through the built-in wifi card. Is it possible to add an external wifi adapter and share my laptops internet through this external wifi adapter? Which software is best for this configuration?

I have searched this issue on Google and I have found solutions for sharing the laptop's wired connection over the wifi card. Just wondering if it will work using 2 wifi devices.

I am using windows 10.

Yes it is possible but you will want to find an app to host a wifi ap not an adhoc network. Then go to network sharing center and share the internet from wifi adapter #1 to adapter #2. 

Im on mobile right now so it's hard to help completely but I hope this helps alot.

Best of luck!

2 minutes ago, Tydowntyty said:

Yes it is possible but you will want to find an app to host a wifi ap not an adhoc network. Then go to network sharing center and share the internet from wifi adapter #1 to adapter #2. 

Im on mobile right now so it's hard to help completely but I hope this helps alot.

Best of luck!

Thanks for your help. Any suggestions for a suitable app that can do this?

25 minutes ago, Zameer said:

I am using windows 10.

I believe Windows 10 includes that functionality by default. I can start a wireless hotspot on the school laptops at my school using only one wifi card.  You can do this in the PC setting in the networking section.  

4 minutes ago, Cool Guy said:

I believe Windows 10 includes that functionality by default. I can start a wireless hotspot on the school laptops at my school using only one wifi card.  You can do this in the PC setting in the networking section.  

Thanks. Can you tell me where i will find that function. I searched in Network and sharing and I cannot seem to find it.

1 minute ago, Tydowntyty said:

I went looking and... Look at what I found! https://www.howtogeek.com/214080/how-to-turn-your-windows-pc-into-a-wi-fi-hotspot/

What your trying to do has it's own interface! :D

Good luck with your project!

If that does not work I found this for the first plan... http://www.mypublicwifi.com/publicwifi/en/index.html

10 hours ago, Zameer said:

Thanks. I am updating my windows now for the anniversary update and will see if it works.

Yeah, you have to be on the latest version.