Activities for a Technology Club

Im a student in the 11th grade and I plan on starting a computer/robotics/programming club for my school on my senior year. The club is essentially about technology in general, I dont want to focus on only coding or only robotics engineering. I want it to be about everything technology related. I am having trouble deciding what my club can do as an activity or project. I do not intend to stand in front of a board and tech a class. I want our projects to be fun, but still allow people to gain knowledge off of it. I also have a small budget(no more than $1000) for the projects in my club, so I cannot do anything to grand. Are there any cheap, fun, and somewhat educational activities or projects that you recommend?

Keep in mind:

-I go to a private school, so I will not gain much if I put an entrance fee

-Most people will not be tech geeks

-The budget I have is for all the activities for the entire year, not just for one activity

Go to a computer recycling center and pick up a few towers ($0). Have people take them apart and put them back together.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

Raspberry PI projects maybe?

System

Case- Thermaltake Core V21 / CPU - i7 4790 / GPU - Asus Strix GTX 1070 / Mobo - Gigabyte Z97 mx / Ram - 4x4 gb GSkill Sniper DDR3 1866 / Storage - 2x WD Black 1tb drives, 1x 120gb OCZ SSD / Cooler - Cooler Master TX3 / PSU - EVGA G2 650w / Audio - Sennheiser PC 350 SE / Monitor - Asus 1920X1080 @60hz / Keyboard & Mouse - Cooler Master Devastator II / OS - Windows 10 Enterprise

1 minute ago, Theguywhobea said:

Go to a computer recycling center and pick up a few towers ($0). Have people take them apart and put them back together.

I live in an area that is between rural and suburban, so I dont think we have a computer recycling center, bu if I do than I'll do that.

1 minute ago, arbellason55 said:

Raspberry PI projects maybe?

Yea we could do some stuff on that, but everyone at the school has a laptop they can use.

Talk with your tech department. Chances are they have a bunch of old equipment sitting around that you could probably use. I would suggest trying to set up a cluster as an activity. The cluster could then be used for simulations or even as a datastore. 

Set up a server on an old machine and maybe try creating a few websites?

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

7 hours ago, myselfolli said:

Set up a server on an old machine and maybe try creating a few websites?

We can do that, but keep in mind I am working with people who have little to no prerequisite knowledge in computer science and computer engineering.

Basic Stuff

Program Installation without unwanted stuff

USB Basics

931 GB Drive VS 1 TB Drive
BIOS and what you can do in it.

Burning .iso and installing an OS

File encryption

Harder Stuff

Basics of networking

RAID

Troubleshooting a computer

Data recovery

Remote Desktop

There's plenty of stuff that's possible with a few burner computers.

Adults are just kids with bigger wallets.

9 hours ago, Ultimate Assassin said:

We can do that, but keep in mind I am working with people who have little to no prerequisite knowledge in computer science and computer engineering.

Well, it's a place to start at the very least. You can set up a simple linux server on just about any old piece of hardware you can find. And coding websites with pure HTML may look shitty, but it's very simple. Then you can get into CSS and make their stuff look nice and voilá

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably