Mix & Match Controllers?

RadiatingLight
Go to solution Solved by RadiatingLight,
Just now, elpiop said:

i think you need a dongle to connect the 360 controller to the PC, but I think windows has built in drivers for the xbox controller. The ps3/4 controllers connect via bluetooth if you want to use them wirelessly, so you will need a bluetooth receiver on your computer. As far as the drivers for the playstation controllers i *think* steam has built in drivers in big picture mode, but if not you can use SCPtoolkit for them. 

Thanks man!

The essence of the question is simple.

Can I mix and match controllers and controller types/brands when playing PC games (specifically, I will be playing Rocket League)

I don't want to buy extra controllers, and could source this from friends

- 2 PS3 Controllers

- 1 Xbox 360 Controller

- 1 PS4 Controller

could all of these work at the same time playing in splitscreen rocket league? (or any game for that matter)

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

1 minute ago, RadiatingLight said:

The essence of the question is simple.

Can I mix and match controllers and controller types/brands when playing PC games (specifically, I will be playing Rocket League)

I don't want to buy extra controllers, and could source this from friends

- 2 PS3 Controllers

- 1 Xbox 360 Controller

- 1 PS4 Controller

could all of these work at the same time playing in splitscreen rocket league? (or any game for that matter)

yes, the pc would just read them as just controllers

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

Console.WriteLine("C# is aids");

Just now, nobiggieBIG said:

yes, the pc would just read them as just controllers

Nice!

Do you know if any drivers or special programs would be needed, or would it just plug & play?

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

4 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

Nice!

Do you know if any drivers or special programs would be needed, or would it just plug & play?

for ps3 yes. DS3tool i believe. for ps4 steam games no, for ps4 non steam yes. DS4tool, for xbox controllers? do i need to answer that

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

Console.WriteLine("C# is aids");

i think you need a dongle to connect the 360 controller to the PC, but I think windows has built in drivers for the xbox controller. The ps3/4 controllers connect via bluetooth if you want to use them wirelessly, so you will need a bluetooth receiver on your computer. As far as the drivers for the playstation controllers i *think* steam has built in drivers in big picture mode(at least for the ps4), but if not you can use SCPtoolkit for them. 

Just now, elpiop said:

i think you need a dongle to connect the 360 controller to the PC, but I think windows has built in drivers for the xbox controller. The ps3/4 controllers connect via bluetooth if you want to use them wirelessly, so you will need a bluetooth receiver on your computer. As far as the drivers for the playstation controllers i *think* steam has built in drivers in big picture mode, but if not you can use SCPtoolkit for them. 

Thanks man!

Desktop:

Laptop:

I had an xbox 360 in the past and 2 ps3 controller cinnected using motioninjoy (program to use ps controller on windows). Had my friends playing FIFA very smooth. All wired btw.