New phone and stuff.

nillas12
Go to solution Solved by theklax,

Buying a new smartphone is about picking the one that is within your budget and has the features that you're really looking for.

If you're a big camera guy, and like a stock android experience(great battery, not waterproof): Google Pixel

If you're into a more rounded experience, at the expense of a slightly poorer camera and a skinned OS: Samsung

If you're looking to save a bit of coin and get an almost stock android experience: One Plus 3

I could go on, but that is the general idea. All Android phones have their strengths and weaknesses.

Personally I picked Samsung this generation because 1. I think phones should be waterproof in 2016/17 2. Samsung Pay and wireless charging are cool bits of tech. 3. I liked the full glass construction 4. They fixed their over saturation of colours and bloated OS. (But hey their Notes exploded, so they are not perfect!)

Or, you could buy the latest iPhone and let Apple to tell you the things that are important in a phone :D

I recently dropped my Sony Xperia z5 which I have had since it's release (october 2015 I think). Insurance is covering about 300 dollars and I think I am willing to match that (600 usd total). As I haven't really been looking into phones for a while, I would like some advice on handsets that are similar to what I had. Any recommendations?

Desktop: CPU: i7 3770k OC: 4.0 GHZ | CPUCooler: Corsair H100i | GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCU2 | Motherboard: Gigabyte z77x-ud5h | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 gig, 1600 mhz | PSU: Corsair AX860 | Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX | Storage: Corsair Force 3 120 gb, Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro

Periphirals: Keyboard: Logitech g710+ | Mice: Desktop: Razer Imperator Battlefield 3 Edition. Laptop: Razer Deathadder 3.5g edition | Mousepads: Desktop: Razer Goliathus Control Extended edition Laptop: Razer Goliathus Control edition | Sound stuff: Bose Companion 2 speakers (Free yay), Beyerdynamic DT-770 250 Ohm.

Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad Edge e540: CPU: i7 4702mq | GPU: Nvidia Geforce gt740 | RAM: 8 gig of some brand | Storage: 1 TB of some brand 5400 rpm | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro

As an iphone user i would recommend Iphone ofc. and i think that is the same thing an Samsung user will do, recommend the phone they are using. but i hear that huawei is not that expensive and its powerfull. but this depends on what you are going to use the phone for.  

Daily browsing on my commute, music, video and a bit of gaming. I guess i am looking for the current "upgrade" options for the Xperia Z5.

Desktop: CPU: i7 3770k OC: 4.0 GHZ | CPUCooler: Corsair H100i | GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCU2 | Motherboard: Gigabyte z77x-ud5h | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 gig, 1600 mhz | PSU: Corsair AX860 | Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX | Storage: Corsair Force 3 120 gb, Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro

Periphirals: Keyboard: Logitech g710+ | Mice: Desktop: Razer Imperator Battlefield 3 Edition. Laptop: Razer Deathadder 3.5g edition | Mousepads: Desktop: Razer Goliathus Control Extended edition Laptop: Razer Goliathus Control edition | Sound stuff: Bose Companion 2 speakers (Free yay), Beyerdynamic DT-770 250 Ohm.

Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad Edge e540: CPU: i7 4702mq | GPU: Nvidia Geforce gt740 | RAM: 8 gig of some brand | Storage: 1 TB of some brand 5400 rpm | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro

2 minutes ago, nillas12 said:

Daily browsing on my commute, music, video and a bit of gaming. I guess i am looking for the current "upgrade" options for the Xperia Z5.

Phones are always having sales. You just need to catch the latest specials. Sign up to slickdeals for phone news or a place like androidauthority. The Honor 8 is one to keep an eye on if you can get a good deal on it. It's just a matter of which vendor is having the best special. :D

Buying a new smartphone is about picking the one that is within your budget and has the features that you're really looking for.

If you're a big camera guy, and like a stock android experience(great battery, not waterproof): Google Pixel

If you're into a more rounded experience, at the expense of a slightly poorer camera and a skinned OS: Samsung

If you're looking to save a bit of coin and get an almost stock android experience: One Plus 3

I could go on, but that is the general idea. All Android phones have their strengths and weaknesses.

Personally I picked Samsung this generation because 1. I think phones should be waterproof in 2016/17 2. Samsung Pay and wireless charging are cool bits of tech. 3. I liked the full glass construction 4. They fixed their over saturation of colours and bloated OS. (But hey their Notes exploded, so they are not perfect!)

Or, you could buy the latest iPhone and let Apple to tell you the things that are important in a phone :D

Thank you. I had a look at the 3 phones you listed, and ended up getting a oneplus 3t. Relatively cheap, and as far as I can tell same idea as the Sony I had. Thank you.