How do I optimize my PC?

Hello! I have a HP laptop, and I'd love to optimize it; However, I don't have the tech know-how to do this safely. I am a 16 Year old, and therefore don't have the money to buy anything, so I'd like to focus on software changes I can make to improve my PCs performance. I don't want to do anything that would compromise my computer, seeing as I use it for my High School and College work. Any input is appreciated, thanks!

Tech Information

Model: HP W2M88UA#ABA

Software Build ID: 16WW2CET603#SABA#DABA
Motherboard ID: 81F9
Feature byte:3Q5F6b7K7P7WaBapaqasauawbhbpbzcbdUdpdq.5Q
OS version:ML
BIOS:F.03-04/27/2016
Keyboard revision:67.26
Total memory: 6.00 GB
Processor name: AMD A10-9600P RADEON R5, 10 COMPUTE CORES 4C+6G 2.40 GHz

System Type: 64-bit OS

1 minute ago, Montrulio said:

Hello! I have a HP laptop, and I'd love to optimize it; However, I don't have the tech know-how to do this safely. I am a 16 Year old, and therefore don't have the money to buy anything, so I'd like to focus on software changes I can make to improve my PCs performance. I don't want to do anything that would compromise my computer, seeing as I use it for my High School and College work. Any input is appreciated, thanks!

Tech Information

Model: HP W2M88UA#ABA

Software Build ID: 16WW2CET603#SABA#DABA
Motherboard ID: 81F9
Feature byte:3Q5F6b7K7P7WaBapaqasauawbhbpbzcbdUdpdq.5Q
OS version:ML
BIOS:F.03-04/27/2016
Keyboard revision:67.26
Total memory: 6.00 GB
Processor name: AMD A10-9600P RADEON R5, 10 COMPUTE CORES 4C+6G 2.40 GHz

System Type: 64-bit OS

Defrag your hard drive. It can make programs boot and load a bit faster. And make sure to uninstall anything you don't need and such.

Just now, Starelementpoke said:

Defrag your hard drive. It can make programs boot and load a bit faster. And make sure to uninstall anything you don't need and such.

How does one Defrag a hard drive?

Just now, Montrulio said:

How does one Defrag a hard drive?

Can do it from Windows. Type in defrag in the desktop search bar. Google it online if you need step by step.

1 minute ago, Starelementpoke said:

Can do it from Windows. Type in defrag in the desktop search bar. Google it online if you need step by step.

I will do that. Thanks.

I prefer Defraggler over the default Windows defrag tool

Also try CCleaner as well

Main Rig: i7-4790 | GTX 1080 | 32GB RAM

Laptop: 2016 Macbook Pro 15" w/ i7-6820HQ, RX 455, 16GB RAM

Others: Apple iPhone XS, ATH-M50X, Airpods, SE215

Oh and also be sure to go through your list of programs and try to find anything unnecessary and get rid of it.

If this doesn't help, a good way (but tedious) to help rejuvenate your PC is to give it a fresh install of Windows.

Main Rig: i7-4790 | GTX 1080 | 32GB RAM

Laptop: 2016 Macbook Pro 15" w/ i7-6820HQ, RX 455, 16GB RAM

Others: Apple iPhone XS, ATH-M50X, Airpods, SE215

You can disable a few things that are just aesthetic but make Windows run smoother and use less resources.. Control Panel -> System and Security -> System Advanced system settings -> Performance.... and disable all animations and such as much as you feel confortable.

Personal Rig:

[UPGRADE]

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X    Mb: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X    RAM: 2x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Pro    GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA RTX 3070    Case: Corsair 400D    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: Antec 850W 80+ Gold    Display(s): GAOO, 现代e窗, Samsung 4K TV

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / Garuda

[OLD]

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 @ 3.2 GHz    Mb: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3    RAM: 2x4GB DDR4 GSKILL RIPJAWS 4    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960    Case: Aerocool PSG V2X Advance    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronce    Display(s): Samsung LS19B150

Cooling: Aerocool Shark White    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / OpenSUSE

If it has been in use for 2+ years, I would just reinstall windows and then remove anything fancy. You can disable many of fancy effects from customizing menus. Like transparency and fading effects.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Install Bulk Uninstaller'. It shows you what kind of bullshit software there is on you pc and remove it. It also deep cleans it, meaning there won't be any junk left from uninstalling a program. You can also download CCleaner.