Google Splits Hangouts Into Two Apps. Pathetic!

Guest Kloaked
Go to solution Solved by T271,

This is really annoying for someone on Project Fi. Hangouts works pretty great with integrating my SMS across devices. They have said they won't kill off the consumer version of Hangouts but they also aren't communicating what this means for Project Fi. It seems like different departments at Google are using each other's products to build their product's on but really hate talking to each other. Hopefully they figure this out and don't kill off Project Fi too.

7 hours ago, testarossa47 said:

I think ti actually was Google Hangouts that got SMS support a few years back

It did and having just one app on my phone that handled sms, hangout chat and video calls was great .

Then Google took away the sms function and gave us Allo and duo :(

Equaly pathetic as facebook and messenger....Still fucking hate it to bits....

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

This is really annoying for someone on Project Fi. Hangouts works pretty great with integrating my SMS across devices. They have said they won't kill off the consumer version of Hangouts but they also aren't communicating what this means for Project Fi. It seems like different departments at Google are using each other's products to build their product's on but really hate talking to each other. Hopefully they figure this out and don't kill off Project Fi too.