Feedback Needed - Dank Ryzen Build for 4K Editing and Software Development

I'm looking to build a new system, with a decent amount of local storage for 4K video projects, as well as a solid multicore/multithread platform for running multiple VM's for software development. In terms of budget's I'm also looking at Mac/Mac Book Pro, as I'm currently a Mac user, so that's in the neighborhood of the $3500 USD range.  Already have 2, 24'' IPS panels to plug in to this build.

Given that, I've looked at the i7 6900K or the ryzen r7 1800X.  Both 8 core 16 thread systems.  However the R7 1800X is about half the price of the 6900K.  This machine won't be used very often for gaming, if so it'll be older games from my steam library I have yet to get to. 

Linus / Luke, Mods, if your reading this, a great video topic would be "Content Creation Benchmarks on Ryzen"

Anyway, tons of questions, for content creation in Premier would something like a GTX 10 series, or an ATI R9 perform better?   How well does Corsair's 110 series AIO cooling solution work?  Feedback on the Raid V array of WD Blacks for fast mass storage in this configuration?  Given the number of SATA Channels is it work adding a Raid 0 array of SSDs for a scratch disk?  According to newegg the 1800X does have virtualization technology support, anyone trying running VMWare or Unraid on a ryzen yet?

General thoughts on the build....?

So here's the link to the build on newegg (Also attached PDF):

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=36932007

Dank Ryzen Build.pdf

There's this thing. It's called PCPartPicker. It makes stuff easy to read and part prices easy to compare and find. Try it. 

Make an account and set stores to just Newegg if that's where you just wanna shop

idk

27 minutes ago, Dave In Manila said:

I since have seen this benchmark from Puget Systems, does look good for the Ryzen platform:

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Premiere-Pro-CC-2017-AMD-Ryzen-7-1700X-1800X-Performance-909/

Honestly, the 1700x and 1800x aren't worth the money. The 1700 may have a lower clock speed but once you overclock it it's about the same as even an overclocked 1800x.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

Questions: Do you need anything other than just the pc? Like OS, mouse, keyboard, or monitor?

Also, do aesthetics matter much to you? If so, do you have a specific color scheme that you like or want all the components to match each other's color? And do you prefer a minimalistic design or gamery design?

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Questions: Do you need anything other than just the pc? Like OS, mouse, keyboard, or monitor?

Also, do aesthetics matter much to you? If so, do you have a specific color scheme that you like or want all the components to match each other's color? And do you prefer a minimalistic design or gamery design?

As an MSDN subscriber, OS and all is taken care of, monitors I have a couple of IPS panels is really like and calibrate well, keyboard, I'm still kicking it with a Saitek Eclipse II that'll go to the grave with me.

In terms of build, I'm more of a function over form guy, not hung up at all on color/design matching components, looking for solid components, and good warranty

5 hours ago, Dave In Manila said:

As an MSDN subscriber, OS and all is taken care of, monitors I have a couple of IPS panels is really like and calibrate well, keyboard, I'm still kicking it with a Saitek Eclipse II that'll go to the grave with me.

In terms of build, I'm more of a function over form guy, not hung up at all on color/design matching components, looking for solid components, and good warranty

Sorry about being a bit late but I was busy. Anyhow, this is the build I came up with:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor  ($328.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($85.49 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($299.89 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($214.97 @ Jet) 
Storage: Samsung 960 PRO 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($329.99 @ B&H) 
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($123.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB FTW Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card  ($539.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($108.75 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $2122.05
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-03-09 14:42 EST-0500

It'll outperform your other build while being cheaper. I don't recommend anything other than the 1700 because the 1800x overclocks about the same and the 1700 is much cheaper. If you want, you could wait a week and wait for the AIB 1080 tis and pick one up, but only if you want. And yes, Nvidia GPUs are usually better than AMD ones because of CUDA.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

2 hours ago, DocSwag said:

Sorry about being a bit late but I was busy. Anyhow, this is the build I came up with:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor  ($328.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($85.49 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($299.89 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($214.97 @ Jet) 
Storage: Samsung 960 PRO 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($329.99 @ B&H) 
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($123.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB FTW Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card  ($539.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($108.75 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $2122.05
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-03-09 14:42 EST-0500

It'll outperform your other build while being cheaper. I don't recommend anything other than the 1700 because the 1800x overclocks about the same and the 1700 is much cheaper. If you want, you could wait a week and wait for the AIB 1080 tis and pick one up, but only if you want. And yes, Nvidia GPUs are usually better than AMD ones because of CUDA.

850W PSU? bruh this is Ryzen not FX power-munchin pos

idk

13 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

850W PSU? bruh this is Ryzen not FX power-munchin pos

The 750 watt and 850 watt were the same price so I just went 850 watts. :D 

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler