Thinking about over clocking.

I have a i5-4690k and a msi gaming 5 mobo. I was wondering if my board would support it. Also how to overclock and what would be a safe speed to shoot for. 

What cooler?

It seems to be Z97 if so it should support

3 minutes ago, zconflictz7 said:

I have a i5-4690k and a msi gaming 5 mobo. I was wondering if my board would support it. Also how to overclock and what would be a safe speed to shoot for. 

Yes your motherboard support overclocking

it even support OC Genie which is MSI's one-touch overclocking, this will get you a moderate overclock and is meant for beginner, not a bad place to start

for better overclocks you will have to manually adjust ratios, multipliers, voltages etc.

Photography / Finance / Gaming

11 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

What cooler?

It seems to be Z97 if so it should support

Corsair H75

6 minutes ago, mok said:

Yes your motherboard support overclocking

it even support OC Genie which is MSI's one-touch overclocking, this will get you a moderate overclock and is meant for beginner, not a bad place to start

for better overclocks you will have to manually adjust ratios, multipliers, voltages etc.

I use genie right now but i want to get some better performance out of it.

1 minute ago, zconflictz7 said:

Corsair H60 54.0 

I wouldnt go past 1.3v with a 120mm AIO.

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

1 minute ago, Moress said:

I wouldnt go past 1.3v with a 120mm AIO.

ok. Will note. correction. I have a h75

10 minutes ago, zconflictz7 said:

Yes you are able to OC. Go to bios and play around with the settings of multipliers and voltages for a start. For mine, I change the multipliers to 45 and voltage I just put it in auto and so far it's around 1.2V. To be frank, I'm also pretty new to it. Haha.

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System