New Build Need Help With Hardware

1 minute ago, AwesomeAustin226 said:

That is just a note that the motherboard may need a new BIOS to support that CPU.

Not sure if it WILL be the case, but it MAY.

If you are not comfortable flashing a new BIOS on a motherboard, I'd suggest going for a newer one that supports Kaby Lake natively. These would have "270" in the name after an "H" for non-overclocking or a "Z" for overclocking.

The "H" and "Z" goes for Z170/H110 as well.

ok i will make sure before i absolutely buy

Just now, Busterman09 said:

ok, this is for the future and i really have no idea when ill get the money for this but i will when the time comes thanks though

ask us again when you get the money to buy it, ryzen 5 will be released in a few months and prices will change.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Just now, Busterman09 said:

ok, this is for the future and i really have no idea when ill get the money for this but i will when the time comes thanks though

ask back here when you can because the PC market is constantly changing with differing prices and newer components. 

1 minute ago, AwesomeAustin226 said:

That is just a note that the motherboard may need a new BIOS to support that CPU.

Not sure if it WILL be the case, but it MAY.

If you are not comfortable flashing a new BIOS on a motherboard, I'd suggest going for a newer one that supports Kaby Lake natively. These would have "270" in the name after an "H" for non-overclocking or a "Z" for overclocking.

The "H" and "Z" goes for Z170/H110 as well.

B250? Because B250 is cheap asf. Alternatively he can step down to a 6700 locked with a h110 board, and that's guaranteed to work.

idk

Just now, herman mcpootis said:

ask us again when you get the money to buy it, ryzen 5 will be released in a few months and prices will change.

yeah that seems to be common for me to wait for the ryzen 5 and it will take at least 2 to 3 months to save up so i will come back and ask again 

Just now, Droidbot said:

ask back here when you can because the PC market is constantly changing with differing prices and newer components. 

B250? Because B250 is cheap asf. Alternatively he can step down to a 6700 locked with a h110 board, and that's guaranteed to work.

i will i know by the time i get the money so much will have changed but i just wanted a rough idea for now.

1 minute ago, Droidbot said:

Oh, it's "B" now for non-overclockable chipsets?

Just now, AwesomeAustin226 said:

Oh, it's "B" now for non-overclockable chipsets?

Yeah, it exists. Some of the cheaper boards are like $60-70. 

idk

Yeah, it exists. Some of the cheaper boards are like $60-70. 

Is there also "H"?

If so, does "B" lack even more features?

Just now, AwesomeAustin226 said:

Is there also "H"?

If so, does "B" lack even more features?

There is no H series boards for the 200 chipset, but B has more features than H series does. B150 boards were a thing on Skylake as well.

idk

There is no H series boards for the 200 chipset, but B has more features than H series does. B150 boards were a thing on Skylake as well.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up.

Something you can do right now cheaply is look on the used market for something like a monitor. Most people don't classify their 1080p 60hz monitor as "gaming" so the prices are surprisingly low. I picked up my AOC i2367f for only $40 and it was used for 20 minutes when I picked it up. Your luck may vary so just keep hunting. :)

1 minute ago, Dellis7 said:

Something you can do right now cheaply is look on the used market for something like a monitor. Most people don't classify their 1080p 60hz monitor as "gaming" so the prices are surprisingly low. I picked up my AOC i2367f for only $40 and it was used for 20 minutes when I picked it up. Your luck may vary so just keep hunting. :)

i will do i am not shying away from the used market that much because of my budget