HTPC "no signal found?"

After building my htpc, I come to find that my 65" 4k won't consistently and automatically retrieve the hdmi signal from the pc itself. Every time i turn both tv and pc on, I get the asrock mobo logo. Then blank... No signal. I then have to reconnect the hdmi (pc side) to get the window login screen. Sometimes,  if that doesn't work, i have to reboot the pc.  At that point, I'm golden. The problem is that I'm only successful 2 out of 5 reconnects or reboots. Oh and I also lose signal after exiting a game. At that point I have to reboot and hope I get signal. I read a thread with a similar issue and the op mentioned the possibility of buying a sort of hdmi display repeater device but that was $129 on Amazon... I obviously don't want to spend that much and am praying that a more experienced individual could present a possible solution maybe in regards to certain settings in my pc or tv? Thank you all so much for your time! 

What is your HDMI cable length and what is your GPU? Anyway it could be a wonky handshake issue when changing resolutions since bios screens and in between are not 4k, or the tv doesn't like the fast switching and misses the input. Have you connected the PC directly to the tv, or is there a receiver in between? Anyway sometimes a factory reset for a receiver or TV can help to see if it improves.

A simple thing you could try is using (or borrow if you don't have another somewhere) a different HDMI cable and see if that makes any difference.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

3 minutes ago, Gonio said:

What is your HDMI cable length and what is your GPU? Anyway it could be a wonky handshake issue when changing resolutions since bios screens and in between are not 4k, or the tv doesn't like the fast switching and misses the input. Have you connected the PC directly to the tv, or is there a receiver in between? Anyway sometimes a factory reset for a receiver or TV can help to see if it improves.

A simple thing you could try is using (or borrow if you don't have another somewhere) a different HDMI cable and see if that makes any difference.

My hdmi cable is a bit long (15ft) and is plugged in from pc to tv. What you said about the bios and in between screen not 4k then switching to 4k being  a handshake issue makes definite sense to me. I will try a different hdmi cable first then if that doesn't work, I'll go ahead and factory reset the tv. Thank you for your input! 

Well that seems like an overall acceptable distance still, but you could have the bad luck of a poor cable. But think it is fine. Would mostly look to your TV if the cable is somewhat ruled out after trying another.

Just checking but all cables are fitted properly and far enough into the connectors?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

13 hours ago, Gonio said:

Well that seems like an overall acceptable distance still, but you could have the bad luck of a poor cable. But think it is fine. Would mostly look to your TV if the cable is somewhat ruled out after trying another.

Just checking but all cables are fitted properly and far enough into the connectors?

They are in tight. I set the default resolution to 1080p on my pc and now I no longer have the issue. It's possible this is what I get for deciding on a vizio rather than a Samsung. 

Nah. Might not be brand related. My nephew has a Samsung and also had some stuff when he got to 4k. What windows and GPU you use? And you already tried different cable?

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

On 3/9/2017 at 7:57 AM, Gonio said:

Nah. Might not be brand related. My nephew has a Samsung and also had some stuff when he got to 4k. What windows and GPU you use? And you already tried different cable?

Rx 480, windows 10. I tried a different cable. It's now working flawlessly but only because I change the default resolution to 1080p.