Regular 144HZ panel or 144HZ with adaptive technology

Adam Crow

Simple question: is it a better investment to buy a monitor with adaptive technology than a simple 144Hz refresh rate and if upgrading to 1440p is worth it

Elaborate:

i'm looking into buying a new monitor. i have a Asus V222H that is showing age and tearing of my games. i'm torn between staying with a 1080p or upgrading to a 1440p monitor (don't desire 4k as its only 60Hz in most cases). i'll leave my specs at the end. i just want a better experience as it is my only form of entertainment (gaming and media) would upgrading to 1440p hurt my setup as i prepare to upgrade to a Ryzen and would i enjoy my gameplay and visual entertainment as i swap out parts to fully embrace the resolution. or stay with a cheap 1080p 144Hz and save some money.. with that being said is a adaptive sync monitor a benefit investment to make as more cards come out to make my experience more enjoyable. Any feedback would be appreciated. i may know up to date specs on products but i'm still desiring to learn. Thank you

Specs:

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming
CPU: AMD FX-6300 (OC to 4.1)
Memory: 24 GB RAM (16GB Dual Channel, 8GB Single Module)
Current resolution: 1920 x 1080, 60Hz Asus V222H

Are you keeping the 970 for a bit? If so, stay with 1080 if you want to get anything near 144hz. G-Sync is cool but depending on your budget it might not be worth it. Quick question, what games do you play?

2 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

Are you keeping the 970 for a bit? If so, stay with 1080 if you want to get anything near 144hz. G-Sync is cool but depending on your budget it might not be worth it. Quick question, what games do you play?

i was thinking on buying an extra and put them in SLI (saw them as low as $150). i enclosed a picture of installed games currently but i'm still expanding and venturing on games to buy etc. the budget isn't entirely an issue it's more of if the investment would deliver with the product while i expand to a more suitable system or would it be a waste due to my configuration. i don't mind shelling out $400 for a 1080P G-sync monitor but i see a Pixio freesync 1440P monitor for $350 and i think maybe that's a better choice of investment (i'm aware i wont benefit the freesync but for future investment it would with RX series)  . but if it doesn't improve significantly of the performance than its best paying $2-300 for a plain 144Hz monitor.. I'm currently dabbing between Rage and Fallout 4 Currently

Games installed.PNG

Origin.PNG