GlaDOS lamp

ItsMinJunLol

Hi! I want to build this GlaDOS lamp from here(link). I am fine with building it, but is there a way I can make it move automatically? Currently, this moves by this sort of a controller that you put on your desk, but I would like it to automatically move depending on the mode I select. Such as night mode, maybe it automatically turns off all the light and hangs 'limp' or something that looks like it's powered off, and more. Is there a way to program this or do I just make another set of servos that control the actual lamp controller? Thanks!

Would involve an Arduino or Raspberry Pi if you don't want to have a manual control. There are a decent amount of tutorials surrounding servo control and such, and then you'd probably need a few buttons for however many "modes" you want to be able to preset and select at any given time. 

You can have both manual and automatic control. Just program an arduino to move the servos to a certain configuration depending on either manual input with a button or with a photo sensor for the hanging limp if the lights are turned off.

is glados that funny ass google like cartoon video ive seen on youtube

you can also consider using ESP8266 instead of Arduino. They are code-wise more or less compatible and you can make it controllable via wifi out of the box (eg. make a simple web page with left and right buttons). It should not be that difficult to modify the code to do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Who in their right minds would want to bring GlaDOS into their House O.o