High FPS, low ping but still lag spikes

Nacho_Libre

Hi everyone!
First of all, I have tried googling the problem and found many threads on different sites. However, my situation is quite quite different from the ones I've been able to find. I haven't replaced any component or installed any new drivers and the other posts usually concern a new GPU, old graphics drivers or something similar. Today I installed a VPN and after that I've experienced lag spikes when gaming, even though I have a ping between 12 and 20ms and above 150 FPS. It most certainly has something to do with the VPN. Do you guys know of any way to fix it or do you recommend me to turn off the VPN when gaming?

4 minutes ago, Nacho_Libre said:

Hi everyone!
First of all, I have tried googling the problem and found many threads on different sites. However, my situation is quite quite different from the ones I've been able to find. I haven't replaced any component or installed any new drivers and the other posts usually concern a new GPU, old graphics drivers or something similar. Today I installed a VPN and after that I've experienced lag spikes when gaming, even though I have a ping between 12 and 20ms and above 150 FPS. It most certainly has something to do with the VPN. Do you guys know of any way to fix it or do you recommend me to turn off the VPN when gaming?

Is this in CS:GO? Because i've been having the same problem and so has someone i play with from my team.I think it's just the servers.

I had one VPN that has since gone down... it was super reliable but I've gone ahead and tried a total of 4 VPNs, eventually setlling for Private Internet Access and in some cases it somehow manages to lower my ping in games like Rocket League lol.

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

spec? 

i7 3820, GTX 680, 16Gb DDR3.

1 minute ago, <Aleks> said:

Is this in CS:GO? Because i've been having the same problem and so has someone i play with from my team.I think it's just the servers.

Yes, it's CS:GO. It's rather unplayable, actually. I haven't tried any other games so perhaps it's exclusively for this game.

2 minutes ago, Pheelo said:

VPNs vary in quality, try another vpn.

I use one of my country's most popular VPNs. It's a bit more expensive than others but maintain it's popularity so I don't think it's a bad VPN.

1 minute ago, Nacho_Libre said:

sounds like frame pacing issue, DDU see if that helps also remember VPN and CSGO is a bad mix.

3 minutes ago, Nacho_Libre said:

Yes, it's CS:GO. It's rather unplayable, actually. I haven't tried any other games so perhaps it's exclusively for this game.

I use one of my country's most popular VPNs. It's a bit more expensive than others but maintain it's popularity so I don't think it's a bad VPN.

It's the csgo servers being shitty i've recently had under 50ping but lag like a **********er and 150-180FPS.

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

sounds like frame pacing issue, DDU see if that helps also remember VPN and CSGO is a bad mix.

I don't think it's frame pacing since I've never had it before and use the same old parts. In that case, it seems to be what I expeceted, the VPN and CS:GO that doesn't like each other

On 6/3/2017 at 10:18 PM, Nacho_Libre said:

Im sorry to say it, but picking a popular VPN is about the worst you can do. The more users, the more lag.