How good is the new Wraith Spire?

3 hours ago, inalitsusasi said:

If your goal is a production pc on a budget ryzen is very interesting. The Intel x99 platform is an excellent platform with more pic-e lanes but intel changes chipsets often also its pricey.  Ryzen x370 claims to provide support for up to ryzen 2 meaning it potentially has more life In the ryzen chipset than x99 though I predict a more advanced version to be released with ryzen 2 also optimization may or may not occur but gaming results I have seen are still fair.

I recommend both but am looking forward to the possibilities of ryzen so I'm also fence sitting atm also look at this naturally you probably seen it

Yes, I have indeed already seen this video. But I gotta say the results with the Ryzen Processor are decent. I know it is the Ryzen 1800X but I think the 1700 will be enough for me considering I don't really have that much money. But I don't know yet what I'm gonna do. We'll see. Still thank you for the feedback and thoughts on my build. 

1700 is the chip I will be using was going to try for a sub $1000 but well 1080 requirements blow that away I'll goal now ~ $1300-1400. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7CWxNN 

The parts list you can always change just a baseline you may choose to omit the ssd or hd if you have one or want to save money largest the motherboard should be around $150 USD you'll have to do a conversation rate I'm sorry bout that largest cost is the 1080-r7 1700-motherboard come out to about 970~usd

• 1 month later...

is anyone have reach 4.0 in 1700 with low temp with this cooling stock?

• 3 weeks later...

I don't want to be a thread necromancer, but ... PCGuy_5960, are you an Intel-paid troll, a diehard fan or just trying to justify your own Intel purchase?

While I understand you didn't have many benchmarks to check back then and Ryzen 5 wasn't out yet, I guess you were horribly wrong. There were only rumors and first tests where BIOS optimization was yet to come and stock RAM frequencies kept Ryzen from performing better. But "higher clock speed"? That is only a valid argument when you're speaking about the more common i7s like 7700K, which is the only Intel I could recommend for hardcore gaming.

As for your 5820K, no need to downplay its past awesomeness. It is 32 months older than R5 1600X and it only slightly loses to it. It even overclocks better than Ryzen, but you are bound to get way past 200 W, which is not quite ... cool. Unless your attic is full of banknotes and rats are eating them, you are better off with Ryzen today. Paying twice as much for what reason exactly? Do you need the quad-channel memory that bad? Do you really need a server mainboard and ECC memory?

• 3 weeks later...
On 2017-05-14 at 4:02 AM, Vlasec said:

I don't want to be a thread necromancer, but ... PCGuy_5960, are you an Intel-paid troll, a diehard fan or just trying to justify your own Intel purchase?

While I understand you didn't have many benchmarks to check back then and Ryzen 5 wasn't out yet, I guess you were horribly wrong. There were only rumors and first tests where BIOS optimization was yet to come and stock RAM frequencies kept Ryzen from performing better. But "higher clock speed"? That is only a valid argument when you're speaking about the more common i7s like 7700K, which is the only Intel I could recommend for hardcore gaming.

I own both a ryzen 1500x and a 5820k. 1500x in the servercomputer and the 5820k for my main desktop. I would absolutely say that the 5820k is a waay better overclocker than the 1500x that i have. And i guess the 1600x is built on the same die. I am running my 5820k at 4.8 ghz and scoring 1456 on cinebench r15 with a single core score of just over 180. So for both gaming, media and desktop purposes the 5820k is the superior choice. It is slightly more expensive however, But it is a really fast processor that in my experience is very easy to overclock. My father recently bought a 6800k. Which is basically the "newer" 5820k. But it is way worse, in all possible ways. Can barely reach 4.4 stable. Should also add that i use a 480mm radiator with custom water cooling to cool my 5820k. But a 240 AIO or similiar would probably produce enough cooling to satisfy it's needs. Ran it at 4.6 with the noctua dh15 for about a year.

I have played around a bit with the 1500x and i must say that, as a slight fanboy of intel, that it is damn impressive. Passed 3.8ghz on stock cooling reaching a max of 60c. I will go to the store tomorrow to buy 240 AIO cooler to see how high i can reach, at 145 single core score and 850 multicore score now it is actually pretty amazing. It is already now up and battling with 2-3 generations older i7's. Which is quite impressive considering the i7's have always been a long term choice. Will be trying to ramp it up to 4.0 or 4.2 after i bought a new cooler. As of now i can almost recommend buying a ryzen 5 or 7 for gaming. They seem to be able to get the job done if you buy a decent aftermarket cooler and play around with them a little. But the true gaming cpu is still the 7700k. Both regarding it's price and it's single core performance. Perhaps we will see even better results when the new i7's and i9's roll out later this year. I am slightly dissappointed overall with the ryzen overclocking experience though. But that is mostly because i love to fiddle with voltages, timings and such.