Shipping a PC

Finnman
Go to solution Solved by Space Reptile,
4 minutes ago, Finnman said:

Morning all,

uh yes? 

if you ship a pc , make shure the GPU and harddrives are supported , or remove em , same w/ large tower coolers 

also put it in a box w/ alot of padding 

Some questions on shipping a PC.  My intention is the ship the PC with the GPU removed as to not damage the PCI slot.  I'm on the fence about leaving the CPU cooler, a Deepcool Gammaxx, installed.  It isn't a massive air cooler and is bolted on however never shipped a PC before so not sure.   I do intend on packing the inside of the case with foam and air packs.

Ideas/Tips?

1 minute ago, Finnman said:

Morning all,

I'm guessing this was posted early. If not, hi.

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

4 minutes ago, Finnman said:

Morning all,

uh yes? 

if you ship a pc , make shure the GPU and harddrives are supported , or remove em , same w/ large tower coolers 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

5 minutes ago, Space Reptile said:

I'm only sending a SSD with the PC so it shouldn't need much support, right?

Just now, Finnman said:

I'm only sending a SSD with the PC so it shouldn't need much support, right?

nah , just screw it down 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

3 minutes ago, Space Reptile said:

nah , just screw it down 

Sounds good.

Should I ship the GPU separately or pack it tightly inside the case?

8 minutes ago, Finnman said:

Sounds good.

Should I ship the GPU separately or pack it tightly inside the case?

You can pack it. Got mine packed i a buble wrap and it was fine

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

You can pack it. Got mine packed i a buble wrap and it was fine

Good to know, thanks

47 minutes ago, Finnman said:

Some questions on shipping a PC.  My intention is the ship the PC with the GPU removed as to not damage the PCI slot.  I'm on the fence about leaving the CPU cooler, a Deepcool Gammaxx, installed.  It isn't a massive air cooler and is bolted on however never shipped a PC before so not sure.   I do intend on packing the inside of the case with foam and air packs.

Ideas/Tips?

My idea would be to take out the GPU and wrap it in paper or bubbles or whatever you got, fill the case with old papers balled up or bubbles preferably not cloth or packing peanuts, and just ship the GPU inside the case. 

If you pack enough in the case itself and close the side it should stop things from vibrating loose or damaging during shipping. If mister FedEx however drops or manhandles your case things might get damaged tho.

If you're shipping to yourself I'd just take it apart and ship it in the boxes it came in and reassemble, since that's fun to do :)

1 hour ago, keenhydra said:

My idea would be to take out the GPU and wrap it in paper or bubbles or whatever you got, fill the case with old papers balled up or bubbles preferably not cloth or packing peanuts, and just ship the GPU inside the case. 

If you pack enough in the case itself and close the side it should stop things from vibrating loose or damaging during shipping. If mister FedEx however drops or manhandles your case things might get damaged tho.

That's my plan, luckily of have plenty of packing materials courtesy of Amazon Prime.

If you're shipping to yourself I'd just take it apart and ship it in the boxes it came in and reassemble, since that's fun to do :)

Shipping it to a friend.  Realized I had the spare parts to make a better PC than he has so figured I'd send it to him