I need fast help

I need help fast my teacher is having problems with a text document where on his school computer the document works fine but at his home computer he can't save anything and he does not want to do all the work only to have it all removed for him to type the next day. I thought this was a weird thing and I was just hoping it is something as small as the versions of office (word 2010, word 2011, ect.) I need this help fast because I have under half an hour thanks and stay frosty.

Stay frosty my friend and have a good time

It could be a simple versioning issue if he has an older version of Word at home and he is saving it under a default, newer version at school.  In those kind of scenarios, I would suggest saving the document under a Word 97-2003 Document (.doc) format.  He could also look at using something like OpenOffice in his home environment as I think that has support for many different document formats...

Just now, WMGroomAK said:

It could be a simple versioning issue if he has an older version of Word at home and he is saving it under a default, newer version at school.  In those kind of scenarios, I would suggest saving the document under a Word 97-2003 Document (.doc) format.  He could also look at using something like OpenOffice in his home environment as I think that has support for many different document formats...

thank you sooo much I hope this works!

4 minutes ago, Hello M8 said:

thank you sooo much I hope this works!

Do you know what software versions of Office he is running in the home environment?  

Do you know what software versions of Office he is running in the home environment?  

uh no sorry

2 minutes ago, OliverKunnington said:

why not just copy the text and email it, then paste the text to the home computer?

it to me just seems like too much work to do all that

he has an older version of Word at home and he is saving it under a default, newer version at school.

You are answering the question here. At school with the newer format (I assume .docx) he will need to save it as a .doc which is the older version he probably has at home. 

1 minute ago, wilamu said:

You are answering the question here. At school with the newer format (I assume .docx) he will need to save it as a .doc which is the older version he probably has at home. 

ok thanks this might work (I hope it does)

1 minute ago, Hello M8 said:

uh no sorry

As @NinJake mentioned, a fall back option, if he has a Gmail or any other type of Google Account, would be to load it up onto his Google Drive and access/edit it through Google Docs.  Saving it via Google Drive would also make it easier to access on the go, assuming he has access to his Gmail account.

1 minute ago, Hello M8 said:

it to me just seems like too much work to do all that

Not at all, the text you will get from the email will be compatible with almost every text editor, so if he emails it to himself then when he goes home he can just open the mail and paste all the text to the editor of his choosing.

As @NinJake mentioned, a fall back option, if he has a Gmail or any other type of Google Account, would be to load it up onto his Google Drive and access/edit it through Google Docs.  Saving it via Google Drive would also make it easier to access on the go, assuming he has access to his Gmail account.

yea that would work we will use that as a fall back option

Just now, OliverKunnington said:

Not at all, the text you will get from the email will be compatible with almost every text editor, so if he emails it to himself then when he goes home he can just open the mail and paste all the text to the editor of his choosing.

ok well I will use that as a fall back option

I got to go my friends lunch is over :P