What is your luck drying a keyborad that had water on it? Original k70 red

PhilBoisvert

Hey guys, idiot me spilled my water bottle on my desk yesterday while my pc was off. I was damn sure no water got on the electronics, seems it did. My keyboard did not work this afternoon when I powered on my pc. Not a lot of it seem to have got inside, but the lowest point of the board inside the k70 is big chip and there seems to be marks of dried water on it. 

Have you ever had to repair that kind of damage? I have seen case when keys registered weirdly before drying but what about when it just doesnt turn on? 

Thanks

I have a blackwidow ult ME3 edition but its at my parents place and my roomate will probably kill me of I bring cherry blues in the appartment. 

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 

3 minutes ago, PhilBoisvert said:

Hey guys, idiot me spilled my water bottle on my desk yesterday while my pc was off. I was damn sure no water got on the electronics, seems it did. My keyboard did not work this afternoon when I powered on my pc. Not a lot of it seem to have got inside, but the lowest point of the board inside the k70 is big chip and there seems to be marks of dried water on it. 

Have you ever had to repair that kind of damage? I have seen case when keys registered weirdly before drying but what about when it just doesnt turn on? 

Thanks

I have a blackwidow ult ME3 edition but its at my parents place and my roomate will probably kill me of I bring cherry blues in the appartment. 

I know a guy who spilled water on his mechanical keyboard and it stopped working. Eventually his brother went to test it like 3 months after and it worked fine, except the LEDs didn't work.

Don't talk about stale memes.

You should wait till it is completely dry and then try to use it again. Maybe clean the water marks from it using some rubbing alcohol.

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card << 

Water shouldn't damage keyboards if you leave them to properly dry, bone dry. I've spilt water on my g710, CM Master keys and k70. Leaving them upside down without keycaps for a weeking and they worked fine.

Edited by Tobonator
Default Samsung keyboard.

CPU: I7 6700K 4.4Ghz @ 1.29v | GPU: MSI Gaming X 1070 8GB | MOBO: Gigabyte z170x Gaming 3 | RAM: 16GB 2800Mhz DDR4 Kingston HyperX

SSD's: 240GB + 500GB SSDs | PSU: Corsair CS 550M | COOLER: Be Quiet Silent Loop 240 | CASE: Corsair 400C

20 minutes ago, R3ep3r said:

You should wait till it is completely dry and then try to use it again. Maybe clean the water marks from it using some rubbing alcohol.

18 minutes ago, Tobonator said:

Water shouldn't damage keyboards if you leave them to properly dry, bone dry. I've split waterms on my g710, CM Master keys and k70. Leaving them upside down without keycaps for a weak sorted them.

I took it appart to make it dry and blew some air in on it to make the big drop go away. 

I just talked to the repair guys next to my app and he said there was not much chance if the water touched the chip. Ill se tomorrow I guess... 

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 

Turn it upside down, without the keycaps and store it somewhere warm and dry, like a hit water cupboard for a few days.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

I took mine completely apart, let it sit and dry for about an hour, and put it back together and it works fine.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

15 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

I took mine completely apart, let it sit and dry for about an hour, and put it back together and it works fine.

Good to hear! I am typing on a 15$ membrane KB... huhh..