Spookeh - The Rad Upgrade!

Ellyroo

So i shall use this to keep track of my pooters rebuild which will include some upgrades

What it is currently

i7 4820K

Gigabyte X79-UD3

AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz 6GB

16GB Hyper X Fury 1866 (2x8GB)

Noctua NH-D14

EVGA Supernova G2 850W

Corsair 600T

Corsair Force LX 256GB SSD + Western Digital Green 2TB

It's fairly beaten up, case wise, where panels aren't really fitting on anymore, and seeing it is making me sad, So i think it's good time to go for an upgrade :D!

Upgrades idea

So what are we upgrading?

Case, We're gonna Move from the 600T To a NZXT H440 I recently bought! :D, I kinda liked how the H440 looked cause it did have that agressiveish look i quite like but without it being gawdy, it's the Blue Black version btw but that's not the only reason why i went for it

TL:DR Corsair 600T to NZXT H440

We're switching the NH-D14 for a Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Main reason really is for aesthetics cause i know my NH-D14 could cope with the 4820K being OC'ed just fineo :D, I may replace the tubing on it to something clear, But i'm not 100% on it yet as my colour tastes tend to change. also waiting on fractal design to release fractal josh stickers so i can put a seductive one on my CPU Block

TL:DR Noctua NH-D14 To Fractal Design Kelvin S36

We're upgrading the RAM, as we currently have just 2 Sticks of Hyper X Fury Blue 1866, and i want to upgrade to 32GB cause why not, plus all the ram slots filled on a X79 board looks pretty nice, debating whether or not to go for the Black Hyper X Fury to go with a blue and black sorta thing, we'll wait and see.

TLDR: 2x8GB Hyper X Fury to 4x8GB Hyper X fury

Buying a NZXT Hue+ Cause i really like the stuff it can do, Plus i like my stuff lit up and RGB if you know what i mean huehue C:

TL:DR Nzxt Hue+

We're probably gonna move from the HD 7970Ghz so it can be utilized for another build (which i will be doing another log of here!) And likely i will pick up a 980Ti or a 1070, with the possibility of getting a 780Ti as a temporary card

TL:DR 7970Ghz to 980Ti or 1070 with Temp 780Ti

a Decent soundcard and Amp Dac, Idk why my soundcard on my laptop is better than my mobos one, but i really want a good soundcard as i listen to a ton of music and would like something to go along with the headphone upgrade

TL:DR New soundcard and Amp Dac

also we're gonna be picking up our own fans for the case and cooler, which will allow the spare fans to be utilized for... another such build!. i'm kind of undecided thus far, but my ideas are that im gonna put  EK Vardars in Pull for the S36 And Case fans wise, i'm not 100%, something like Silencios or SP120's are ideas i've came up with so far, But im open to recommendations!

TL:DR, new case fans

Colour scheme wise, Im thinking of going with a Green and Blue And Purple thing, it'd be quite... hella @u@  

I'll post pictures here from time to time cause this upgrade is gonna take some time,

PFAQ

Why not upgrade to Ryzen?

That's the long long term goal, Once i do, i'm giving my 4820K to my friend for his own personal system upgrade, But right now it's not in the plans. I'm also gonna wait for prices to drop and intel to answer, If ryzen becomes a better idea to do now or in the near future, I'll likely hold back on some of the upgrades like RAM and that and make this into a Ryzen Upgrade.. which this will likely turn into, also a lot of parts in this upgrade will be carried over Like GPU, Hue+ And Soundcard, and Cooler if fractal releases an AM4+ for their cooler.

Can i recommend other parts?

Absolutely :3c. only the H440 is bought thus far

What are you doing with this Rig?

I really want to get into streaming? Also cause i got stuff coming up i may be using this for Content Creation too!, Hopefully this helps with the question Above

Why Not upgrade to a 4930K/4960X?

Ryzen is coming, Wouldn't make sense unless Ryzen Flops and Prices go down

Why not fix the 600T?

It's kinda beaten up, and i fancied a change, Plus the 600T isnt great for fan variation

i AM A TASTY NUUUUUB!!!!! 

:D Followed the radness!

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I ALSO FORGOT :3

Decal stickers for the H440, Cause i love stickers @U@ 

latest?cb=20140419003018

and Cable Extensions for my Supernova psu

• 2 weeks later...

Fractal Design lowered the price of the kelvin (just for me huehuehue :3c) And i might with some luck be able to get my hands on the cooler this week!

• 3 months later...

AFTER AGES 

so story goes, ben needed a better PSU, and i had just donated him my EVGA unit, but now i've bought myself a corsair RM650x for this build, as it's a nice chunky wattage and i'll likely wanna be set with the single card, i was considering the xfx xtr but that got price hiked so corsair RMx it was 

i shall show pictures when it arrives

COOLER NEXT! :D 

did i also mention i bought a bitfenix Specre pro for it too? i wanna pick up a few more. my favorite fan indeed ;w; 

FRACTAL DESIGN KELVIN S36 BOUGHT! :D