Install Now?

HorseMonkey13
Go to solution Solved by PeachyUwUSenpai,

yeah no disk drive needed just make a steam account and toss the in codes in then download it you could also use your computer with a disc drive to make them into isos then run them on the machine without a diskdrive

Hey all! I have a bit of a strange questions;

I'm in the process of ordering parts for my first custom built gaming PC, which will hopefully be built by next weekend, however it won't have a disc drive. So my question is, if I have a few games on disc, namely the Skyrim and Fallout anthologies, would it be best to install them on my current PC and transfer them over, or should I wait and get a disc drive to install them later?

On a side note, they say that they require a Steam account to activate. So I kind of have a side question that could potentially answer this easily. If they require Steam to be installed, does that mean once they are installed that I will own them digitally through Steam, and that I can just download them digitally on my new PC?

Thanks in advance for the help. Honestly, for the few days I've been here on the Linus forums, you folks are the most helpful, and really nice, folks I've ever encountered on a forum. lol

Yeah. Most likely. I had an old CS disc before. All they did was included a code key and the disc was just Steam installation of the game. Not sure about other game

yeah no disk drive needed just make a steam account and toss the in codes in then download it you could also use your computer with a disc drive to make them into isos then run them on the machine without a diskdrive

6 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Yeah. Most likely. I had an old CS disc before. All they did was included a code key and the disc was just Steam installation of the game. Not sure about other game

4 minutes ago, Alaradia said:

yeah no disk drive needed just make a steam account and toss the codes in then download it you could also use your computer with a disc drive to make them into isos then run them on the machine without a diskdrive

Okay, awesome. I'll download them all right now. Thanks guys! :D

Just now, HorseMonkey13 said:

Okay, awesome. I'll download them all right now. Thanks guys! :D

this is why my computer builds haven't had cd drives for the last 6ish years since you can just download it all from steam

Just now, Alaradia said:

this is why my computer builds haven't had cd drives for the last 6ish years since you can just download it all from steam

I know. ;~; I purchased all digital for my Xbox One, unless a collectors edition I love comes out. I do have a Steam account, with games I've mostly purchased from Humble Bundles, but it was a PC I got from WalMart 5 years ago. So I never used it for actual gaming. I'm just glad I can install these anthologies now via the disc, and then download them later digitally off Steam. They are two of the reasons I'm finally building a gaming PC. I've always wanted to play Skyrim with mods. Not the Xbox One version either. With like, really beefy and game changing mods. If that makes sense. lol Thanks a ton again!