I fucked myself over, didn't I??

belgiumkiddo

Yo guys

So yesterday I reset my pc to factory settings and when I made a new local account (didn't mess with windows live or anything), and tried to login it didn't work. I know which password I entered, my guess is that I typed a mistake and that's the reason why I can't login? Now the obvious thing to do would be reinstalling windows 10 i guess; one problem though, I have a gaming laptop and they didn't include any disc or usb drive with a copy of windows on it... If there is any way to fix this please help me, I would be so grateful. 

Thanks in advance guys. I really hope I didn't screw myself. 

2 minutes ago, tlink said:

there are a few easy work around for windows passwords. such as hirens boot cd

last time i tried hirens boot it didnt worked in windows 10 but it is worth trying

7 minutes ago, belgiumkiddo said:

-snip-

There are several programs for changing windows passwords as mentioned above, but if you want to reinstall windows, you can download a retail Windows 10 Home or Pro ISO file from Microsoft.

I usually clean install windows over any laptops I get anyway.

2 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

There are several programs for changing windows passwords as mentioned above, but if you want to reinstall windows, you can download a retail Windows 10 Home or Pro ISO file from Microsoft.

I usually clean install windows over any laptops I get anyway.

you can't do that with an oem key i think, not sure though.

The are a few methods but as far as I know they all require you to make a boot disc so you might as well make a Windows installation USB 

Does you mum know you're here?

Just now, tlink said:

you can't do that with an oem key i think, not sure though.

I've done it a few times so far. You just skip the part where the installer asks for a key. Windows 10's key is digital (Even for OEM) so it auto activates when you're online.

Thanks for the info y'all have given till now. I'll try and see what I'll do and in the meantime if there are more possible solutions you know off, don't hesitate to tell me. 

5 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

I've done it a few times so far. You just skip the part where the installer asks for a key. Windows 10's key is digital (Even for OEM) so it auto activates when you're online.

not the installer, the actual download page on the windows page itself i believe checks if the key is oem or not. it did that at least for my windows 7 and xp keys who are both oem.

Just now, tlink said:

-snip-

Hmm, I just use the Windows 10 upgrade tool and just say I'm installing it for another PC and it gives an ISO...but I downloaded quite a while back (When the windows 10 upgrade was free) so maybe it changed.

I just downloaded the home and pro ISO when I could since I have a laptop with home / a PC with Pro. I've just been using the same ISO files since.

7 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

I dislike the fact that some identifiable information is sent to Microsoft but it's so useful.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´