Chromecast compatibility

Wysoseriouss
Go to solution Solved by TofuAce,

The Chromecast app in the Play Store has been in released for AUS, so it should work.

Hey, I wasn't sure exactly which section to post this on so I picked peripherals cause this seemed to fit best, if this is the wrong section, I apologise and would be happy to move it to the correct section if someone could point out what that would be.

I really want to pick up a chromecast, though I live in Australia. Amazon has said that they will/have shipped chromecasts to Australia, however, in the FAQs, google has said there is no support for the chomecast in any region other than North America at this point in time. Is google just saying that because their play store doesn't ship to Australia or is the chromecast somehow region locked to America?

If anyone here in Australia has one, I would love to hear from them, or if anyone knows whether one would work out of the box here, that would be great.

Cheers.

Rig: MSI X370 SLI-Plus | Ryzen 7 1700X | ASUS GTX1070 | Corsair Vengeance 32gb DDR4 3000mhz | Corsair RM750i PSU | Samsung EVO 960 256GB NVMe SSD | Samsung EVO 860 1TB SSD | NZXT S340 Elite Case | Custom Water Loop

Sadly, Amazon no longer ships Chromecasts to Australia, seems that was only a temporary thing. Part of me is wondering whether Google found out about this and shut it down, or whether this was a decision made by Amazon to stop shipping them. Either way, it looks like I'll have a wait a bit longer to get my Chromecast

Rig: MSI X370 SLI-Plus | Ryzen 7 1700X | ASUS GTX1070 | Corsair Vengeance 32gb DDR4 3000mhz | Corsair RM750i PSU | Samsung EVO 960 256GB NVMe SSD | Samsung EVO 860 1TB SSD | NZXT S340 Elite Case | Custom Water Loop