UV lighting

I am looking at incorporating UV lights and reactive fluid into my build and was wondering:

1. Will there be any ambient light visible from the strip?

2. If so, how visible is the ambient light be?

3. Would you be able to see the reactive fluid through my side panel (dark tinted tempered glass side panel from cooler master)?

Many Thanks

Desktop: Cooler Master MasterCase 5 | i7 6700k @4.7GHz 1.3v | Custom EKWB soft-tubing loop (CPU + GPU) (2x 240mm Alphacool rads)| Zotac GTX 1080 Founder Edition | Asus Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard | Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD | 4TB Seagate HDD | 2TB Seagate HDD | EVGA SuperNova G2 750 | Acer Predator XB271HK | https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/xzjRHN

Hey,

In answer to your questions:

1. There may be however it is unlikely, it really depends on the power of the UV light

2. Again it depends on the power however the case that it is in should probably shield it ok

3. I should think so as the UV reactive fluid is often very bright and so it should shine through quite well

Hope this helps

Hey

Thank you for your speedy reply, what would your opinion of these be?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CableMod-WideBeam-Magnetic-Strip-30cm/dp/B00DKSRB9C

or would you be able to to suggest a better solution

Desktop: Cooler Master MasterCase 5 | i7 6700k @4.7GHz 1.3v | Custom EKWB soft-tubing loop (CPU + GPU) (2x 240mm Alphacool rads)| Zotac GTX 1080 Founder Edition | Asus Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard | Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD | 4TB Seagate HDD | 2TB Seagate HDD | EVGA SuperNova G2 750 | Acer Predator XB271HK | https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/xzjRHN

I would advise Darkside UV LED strips... see Titanium build in my sig.

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

8 hours ago, Janner558 said:

I am looking at incorporating UV lights and reactive fluid into my build and was wondering:

1. Will there be any ambient light visible from the strip?

2. If so, how visible is the ambient light be?

3. Would you be able to see the reactive fluid through my side panel (dark tinted tempered glass side panel from cooler master)

Many Thanks

All general UV lights will produce light as they aren't 100% true UV lights but they only give a slight purple glow usually, as long as the case is dark and the surrounding is not super bright the effect will be visible.