Wake On Lan Using Teamviewer

gstech

Hi could anyone help me to configure team viewer on my computer. I have an Asus Z1070 Pro motherboard and a bt smart hub. I have spent hours trying to configure and getting it to work but sadly no luck.

it cant work

teamvierwer is a piece of software, if the pc is of it dosent run

your mainboard might have that function in the uefi

On 2/26/2017 at 4:24 AM, gstech said:

Hi could anyone help me to configure team viewer on my computer. I have an Asus Z1070 Pro motherboard and a bt smart hub. I have spent hours trying to configure and getting it to work but sadly no luck.

you would need something to send the wake on lan packet first. Actually generating said packet isnt the hardest thing in the world. However it depends what languages you know, obviously if your a windows stack developer you'll have a harder time automating this if the only other system on your network is a switch.

I tried that too. worked for few times then stopped. I used DDNS & app named Mocha WOL (iOS) & for remote login, used chrome remote desktop. Also used forwarding to IP that I already reserved for my pc with MAC binding.

Was too lazy to check into why it isn't working now. Hope this helps.

Forgot to type. xD

Tried team viewer way earlier, but it need some more complex shit. If you have other pc that keep turned on forever, you are in luck. I haven't had that luck. :D Add both pc s to same team viewer account & then follow guide on their web site. you can then wake the pc by other pc. 

Maybe because my ISP is dynamic I have hard time working this out. If you have static IP, things are super easy. No DDNS, just forward WOL port to pc with MAC or reserved IP.

i use teamviewer with the build-in WOL more or less daily.. its works perfectly..

However there are some requirements to get WOL working.. this is required no matter what WOL software you use..

1. Portforwarding port 9, udp traffic in your router - this is requireed for the magic packet to be forwarded to the computer

2. enable WOL in your bios

3. Enable windows to accept WOL (power options)

On 2/27/2017 at 10:11 PM, harry4742 said:

it cant work

teamvierwer is a piece of software, if the pc is of it dosent run

your mainboard might have that function in the uefi

you clearly have no clue what you are talking about... teamviewer does have WOL build-in

18 hours ago, kladzen said:

you clearly have no clue what you are talking about... teamviewer does have WOL build-in

i do have a clue teamviewer can send the packets but cant wake the pc its on

1 minute ago, mikat said:

you know that the magic packets come through the router after you portforward? so teamviewer is waking one pc from another :)

BUT CANT WAKE THE PC IT IS ON

Thanks guys but i've tried this but no luck :(