Ryzen 5 performance?

sammymoo

Found this on silverbench when stress testing my system.

Could this be Ryzen 5 1400x performance?

The yellow is my stock clock 6700k.

Capture111.PNG

I doubt it... the 1400X is a 4 core 8 logical core chip like the 6700k, but it runs slower and with lower IPC as well so I would not expect it to perform as it shows there.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Pretty sure that part is what users can type in themselves, probably just a troll who was hoping someone would spot it.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

the Ryzen 5 pice said to be 175usd, if that's true wow.

For that chart to be true, it would have to either have different (better) IPC than RyZen 7, and or be clocked much higher than the leaks suggested so far.  A max turbo of 3.9 is not going to cut it against a 6700k... it would have to run at at least 4.2 if not a few hundred MHz higher.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Pretty sure that part is what users can type in themselves, probably just a troll who was hoping someone would spot it.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

For that chart to be true, it would have to either have different (better) IPC than RyZen 7, and or be clocked much higher than the leaks suggested so far.  A max turbo of 3.9 is not going to cut it against a 6700k... it would have to run at at least 4.2 if not a few hundred MHz higher.

still 175 usd compared with the 300 usd i7 6700k. 

2 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

probably true, that's why i am waiting for the actual reviews and benchmarks. 

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

still 175 usd compared with the 300 usd i7 6700k. 

That's irrelevant, this isn't a measure of value, it's a measure of raw performance, and the fact is the chart shows the "1400X" outperforming a 6700k which we pretty much know is impossible with both at stock.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

That's irrelevant, this isn't a measure of value, it's a measure of raw performance, and the fact is the chart shows the "1400X" outperforming a 6700k which we pretty much know is impossible with both at stock.

ryzen is a value option in the high-end market, even if the chip has 90% of 6700k performance, it will still be a good chip. 

Just a little update I think my CPU was throttling a bit because the case temperature was high due to the GPU.

I have re-run the benchmark with the cpu below 70c.

Capture2.PNG

On a side note i figured to just check out Userbenchmark to see if there's any Ryzen scores and this is on from just a day ago. Think someone at the AMD press event thingy sneaked in a benchmark? xD

8607d13f4d00fe2a1deef6844e132545.png

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/AMD-Ryzen-7-1700X-Turbo-Disabled/Rating/3915

45 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

ryzen is a value option in the high-end market, even if the chip has 90% of 6700k performance, it will still be a good chip. 

You're missing the point here... we're not discussing if it's good value or not, we're trying to figure out if that chart shows the performance of the 1400X (which I'm almost certain it does not).  I'm not disagreeing that it's a good value, but that's simply not the topic.

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

These 'leaks' appear to be all over the place so I don't put much faith in them...  From the best information in these leaks that I can figure out, I'm guessing that the high end 4-core nodes that AMD is using has a base frequency of 3.6 Ghz and boosts to 4.0 Ghz.  I'm not sure if they may be able to get a bit higher frequency on a CPU that is just using one of the 4-core nodes over two.

https://www.overclock3d.net/news/cpu_mainboard/leaks_on_amd_s_lower-end_ryzen_cpus_have_been_disproven/1

36 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

You're missing the point here... we're not discussing if it's good value or not, we're trying to figure out if that chart shows the performance of the 1400X (which I'm almost certain it does not).  I'm not disagreeing that it's a good value, but that's simply not the topic.

you have to bring in value when talking about performance, amd is going price to performance now.  

3 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

you have to bring in value when talking about performance, amd is going price to performance now.  

I don't know how else I can explain this.  OP showed a chart rating the 6700k and allegedly a 1400X purely on benchmark scores.  The "1400X" line is longer, and I explained why the real 1400X is not likely to score that well, and thus that this benchmark is likely fake.  Literally nothing about this topic has anything to do with the price or value of either chip.  It's just about that benchmark and if it's real.

1 hour ago, sammymoo said:

Just a little update I think my CPU was throttling a bit because the case temperature was high due to the GPU.

I have re-run the benchmark with the cpu below 70c.

Capture2.PNG

Oh, now that is interesting... 20201 / 20785 = 97.2%

If we factor in the IPC of Ryzen being roughly 3.7 / 4 vs Intel, and the clockspeed being 3.9 / 4.1, then tack on the 9% boost from superior "hyperthreading", tie total comes out at 95.9%.  Still a bit short, but if any of the numbers I've used vary by even a small fraction this number changes a decent amount, so this could be within the realm of reality after all...

Thinking_Face_Emoji_grande.png?v=1480481

There are some more benchmarks on siverbench now.

Capture3.PNG