Keyborad keys.

Aleks NE

Does anyone know a good website that sell keyboard keys, i own a Razer BlackWidow Tournament Edition and want to try some new keys to make it look nice.

2 minutes ago, <Aleks> said:

Does anyone know a good website that sell keyboard keys, i own a Razer BlackWidow Tournament Edition and want to try some new keys to make it look nice.

you should buy the ones Linus used in the prettiest ugliest keyboard caps video

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700  

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070

MOBO: ASUS Z370-F STRIX  

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133MHz

20 minutes ago, <Aleks> said:

The gold ones? I don't know what video you're talking about.

He is referring to this video :P

Oliy Barrett

Founder and Web Developer at discordbots.org

1 minute ago, Oliy said:

He is referring to this video :P

yeah mate i though he was but i don't think it will look good with the razer green rgbs.

2 minutes ago, <Aleks> said:

yeah mate i though he was but i don't think it will look good with the razer green rgbs.

Get the silver ones then :P

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, legacy99 said:

Get the silver ones then :P

lol those are even worst.

To be exact, you're looking for key caps, not keys. A key comprises of the cap and the switch. To be able to swap switches, you'd have to unsolder the old ones.

There's a list of keycap vendors in the OP of this thread: 

One thing you should note is that the caps don't necessarily fit the switches. Razer makes their own switches (and caps) that look a lot like they could be cherry MX-compatible but I'm by no means sure and don't have the time to confirm. In case you didn't know, Any Cherry MX-compatible caps fit any Cherry MX-compatible switches (assuming the layout/language is the same and the slope of the keys isn't weird) Cherry MX is a very common switch type but it's still just one line of switches by one manufacturer. Technically it'd be some sort of licensing/patent trading deal if the Razer switches could mate with Cherry caps. 

Tl;Dr: If you can confirm your keyboard takes Cherry MX caps, go fucking nuts, sky's the limit! If not, find caps that are made for your keyboard specifically.

4 minutes ago, Naeaes said:

To be exact, you're looking for key caps, not keys. A key comprises of the cap and the switch. To be able to swap switches, you'd have to unsolder the old ones.

There's a list of keycap vendors in the OP of this thread: 

One thing you should note is that the caps don't necessarily fit the switches. Razer makes their own switches (and caps) that look a lot like they could be cherry MX-compatible but I'm by no means sure and don't have the time to confirm. In case you didn't know, Any Cherry MX-compatible caps fit any Cherry MX-compatible switches (assuming the layout/language is the same and the slope of the keys isn't weird) Cherry MX is a very common switch type but it's still just one line of switches by one manufacturer. Technically it'd be some sort of licensing/patent trading deal if the Razer switches could mate with Cherry caps. 

Tl;Dr: If you can confirm your keyboard takes Cherry MX caps, go fucking nuts, sky's the limit! If not, find caps that are made for your keyboard specifically.

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Doesn't the black widow have non standard bottom row

No, it's normal just like any other  but it has razer green switches instead of Mx. Total clone TBH.

1 minute ago, <Aleks> said:

No, it's normal just like any other  but it has razer green switches instead of Mx. Total clone TBH.

Clones aren't bad gatheron>cherry ;)

Anyways mechanicalkeyboards.com has a nice selection of double shot pbts 

I don't really like wasd cause it's kinda pricy