Adblock on Pfsense

martinvu.

What packages on Pfsense can be used to adblock? if you don't mind, explaining in detail of how to do it as well, it'd be appreciated.

I already know that Pfblocker, as well as, i think, squid? or was it squidguard, that can adblock as well? but i don't exactly know how to do it, in detail, so any, in detailed help is greatly appreciated.

The strategy I use, on dd-wrt, is to replace the default hosts file used by the caching DNS server (dnsmasq) with one which blocks the hosts in question.

So you probably could do a variant on that strategy on pfsense. 

20 hours ago, Mark77 said:

The strategy I use, on dd-wrt, is to replace the default hosts file used by the caching DNS server (dnsmasq) with one which blocks the hosts in question.

So you probably could do a variant on that strategy on pfsense. 

Just wanted to ask. I noticed DDWRT did have an Ad Block option. How well does it work? Does it break websites? There are a few websites I have gone to and they detect ad block or they just dont work properly. Also, does it complete stop you from downloading the ad? Comcast has caps in our area now, so it will be nice to know that these ads are not wasting my bandwidth. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.