What sub £130 processor should I buy??

Go to solution Solved by SpicyCactus,
9 minutes ago, Napalm360 said:

imo yes, the 2400 is a true 4 core, pentinum has 2 cores and 4 threads, Cores>Threads.

If you find a nice lga 1155 mobo you can oc that i5 to get more performance, overall the platform may get you through 2yrs, but its definitly a great choice if your looking for a budget chip, in fact i almost forgot the 2500k, i meant 2500k when i said 2400, its fully unlocked a tad faster than the 2400 and can be had for £70

This video gives you an idea of the performance:D

Yes it can be bought for dirt cheap for good performance. Thanks!

24 minutes ago, SpicyCactus said:

May I ask why??

It is the chipset you need to overclock an LGA 1155 CPU

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

3 hours ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

X79 motherboards are too expensive

You could score yourself a good i5 2400 for £50 maybe even a i7 3770 for £140, okay theyre quite old butpair it with a 7970 3gb for instance and it will destroy the majority of 1080p games and ive heard 1440p also, i'd highly suggest (if your going the used route) watching Level1techs, they're curing consolitis series is a perfect guide on buying used and check out tech city, brian  does lots of used builds and has a few top 5 lists for used stuff that should help you get an idea of parts you may wanna look out for :)

Hope that helped

4 minutes ago, Napalm360 said:

You could score yourself a good i5 2400 for £50 maybe even a i7 3770 for £140, okay theyre quite old butpair it with a 7970 3gb for instance and it will destroy the majority of 1080p games and ive heard 1440p also, i'd highly suggest (if your going the used route) watching Level1techs, they're curing consolitis series is a perfect guide on buying used and check out tech city, brian  does lots of used builds and has a few top 5 lists for used stuff that should help you get an idea of parts you may wanna look out for :)

Hope that helped

Great I'll be sure to check that out

?

1 minute ago, SpicyCactus said:

Great I'll be sure to check that out

?

if u really want, in fact watch this first

you might wanna go for xeon's if you want something more powerfull :D

15 minutes ago, Napalm360 said:

if u really want, in fact watch this first

you might wanna go for xeon's if you want something more powerfull :D

Yeah I'm not too sure about that, I'm not experienced and I May run into many problems lol?

5 minutes ago, SpicyCactus said:

Yeah I'm not too sure about that, I'm not experienced and I May run into many problems lol?

Yeah even  im too scared to cut a mobo lol, i'd say watch those chanels and go with le i5 2400 or 3770 :)

5 minutes ago, Napalm360 said:

Yeah even  im too scared to cut a mobo lol, i'd say watch those chanels and go with le i5 2400 or 3770 :)

Ok thanks for your help☺

So those are worth the investment over the pentinum 4560??

4 minutes ago, SpicyCactus said:

Ok thanks for your help☺

imo yes, the 2400 is a true 4 core, pentinum has 2 cores and 4 threads, Cores>Threads.

If you find a nice lga 1155 mobo you can oc that i5 to get more performance, overall the platform may get you through 2yrs, but its definitly a great choice if your looking for a budget chip, in fact i almost forgot the 2500k, i meant 2500k when i said 2400, its fully unlocked a tad faster than the 2400 and can be had for £70

13 minutes ago, SpicyCactus said:

Ok thanks for your help☺

This video gives you an idea of the performance 

9 minutes ago, Napalm360 said:

1 minute ago, SpicyCactus said:

No problem, glad i helped mean alot if you couldmark my reply as imformative and remember to pick best answer so people know the topic's been answered :)