Router Issue

Sampath

I am currently using a NETGEAR WNR612v3 at my home. For the past one week I am facing some problems with my router. At first it refused to change from WPA to WPA2 which kept it in a 54mbps mode. Later I made a factory reset and now the password doesn't change. Please help me sort this out. Is it an issue with the router?

PS: My Lil brother broke the Antenna casing, nothing really broke but the case removes off easily.

do a hard factory reset and then connect it to your pc and configure it, go to the site mentioned in the manual and enter the specified password and sett the other stuff, no it is definately not a hardware issue.

7 minutes ago, Sampath said:

I am currently using a NETGEAR WNR612v3 at my home. For the past one week I am facing some problems with my router. At first it refused to change from WPA to WPA2 which kept it in a 54mbps mode. Later I made a factory reset and now the password doesn't change. Please help me sort this out. Is it an issue with the router?

PS: My Lil brother broke the Antenna casing, nothing really broke but the case removes off easily.

yep try the 30-30-30 rule you can find info about that here : https://www.lifewire.com/hard-reset-rule-for-routers-3971318

4 hours ago, Sampath said:

I've done that but the my factory preset password doesn't change

You have to search for that to change it in the config website somewhere, don't know under what page you can find that tho