Torn between two different loves

Belbs
Go to solution Solved by Merkey,

The gtx 960 would perform better, but it would be still worse than newer cards in simillar price category. If you can, try to find gtx 1050, 1050ti or rx 470

as of now (and what's available where I'm from) I can afford either a MSI GTX 960 4GB Gaming Edition @12,650php or the Sapphire R9 270x Vapor-X 2GB @6,500php (you guys to the conversion because as of now I'm too lazy to convert it haha)

My specs are in an old post I posted just before this one so go check that out if you guys want any additional info.

As of right now I don't know which one to choose and I hope any of you guys can help me decide on which card is better and the pros and cons of both. Thanks!

I always recommend going for the Nvidia side of things. They allow for upgrades while not having to switch eco-system. I familiarised myself with what my nvidia graphics card can do software wise and i could just pop in a new one and it could get it running quicker than i would with an AMD graphics card. 

This is advice based on preference not on specs. I dont know anything about the specs of the R9 card and you should consult someone else for that.

The gtx 960 would perform better, but it would be still worse than newer cards in simillar price category. If you can, try to find gtx 1050, 1050ti or rx 470

prices here in the Philippines are simply ridiculous. ugh. I guess I should just save up for a full upgrade when Ryzen comes out. Solid AMD fan here hehe sorry

7 minutes ago, Merkey said:

but that's not to say I don't appreciate your advice. thanks a lot! :D

I just wanna get a consistent 60fps on Batman: Arkham Knight with medium-high settings xD guess I'm going for the GTX 960 then. wew