Audio Technica AT2020 USB

mister_krister

Hello,

I bought an AT2020 USB version, and from all the reviews and stuff ive watched this mic sounds good.

However, for me it doesnt..

I got a mic arm and a popfilter, but i just cant seem to figure out how to make it less noisy..

Every time I listen to it through the audio settings on the PC it is loud as f***...

And i can't seem to find a good position for it without it blocking my screen when i play games ect.

Any ideal ways to configure this to sound better and have more controll over how loud it is? 

I got a mechanical keyboard which just is annoying for the people im talking too.

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, mister_krister said:

Hello,

I bought an AT2020 USB version, and from all the reviews and stuff ive watched this mic sounds good.

However, for me it doesnt..

I got a mic arm and a popfilter, but i just cant seem to figure out how to make it less noisy..

Every time I listen to it through the audio settings on the PC it is loud as f***...

And i can't seem to find a good position for it without it blocking my screen when i play games ect.

Any ideal ways to configure this to sound better and have more controll over how loud it is? 

I got a mechanical keyboard which just is annoying for the people im talking too.

Thanks.

That's kind of what condenser mics like that are. I have the same mic, and I use a compressor/gate in OBS to block out unnecessary sounds.

My native language is C++

1 minute ago, tt2468 said:

That's kind of what condenser mics like that are. I have the same mic, and I use a compressor/gate in OBS to block out unnecessary sounds.

So this works even if you're not streaming?

1 minute ago, mister_krister said:

So this works even if you're not streaming?

No, but I can also make the fixes for recordings in Audacity, and gaming doesn't really matter that much

My native language is C++