Thoughts on the ath-anc33is

john826472

Here's a review I found. Hope this helps. http://www.head-fi.org/t/715889/audio-technica-ath-anc33is

And uh, if you want more reviews: https://www.google.com/search?q=audio+technica+ath-anc33is&rlz=1C1JZAP_enUS731US731&oq=audio+technica+ath-anc33is&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.275j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=audio+technica+ath-anc33is+headfi

I personally trust headfi. it's where I went when I was looking for good iems and needed help on dacs and what not. They know their stuff, and the I find the reviews very helpful. Of course, keep in mind that sound will vary between everyone since everyone has different taste in what they want to hear more of, bass, treble, vocals, etc. 

42 minutes ago, dwang040 said:

Here's a review I found. Hope this helps. http://www.head-fi.org/t/715889/audio-technica-ath-anc33is

And uh, if you want more reviews: https://www.google.com/search?q=audio+technica+ath-anc33is&rlz=1C1JZAP_enUS731US731&oq=audio+technica+ath-anc33is&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.275j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=audio+technica+ath-anc33is+headfi

I personally trust headfi. it's where I went when I was looking for good iems and needed help on dacs and what not. They know their stuff, and the I find the reviews very helpful. Of course, keep in mind that sound will vary between everyone since everyone has different taste in what they want to hear more of, bass, treble, vocals, etc. 

please don't link or recommend one of the biggest snake oil websites

For OP I would personally hate using them on a daily basis, because that black box with a battery inside of it, the sound quality is decent for the price and the comfort is also pretty decent, but then again I have only tried them with the foam tip

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

44 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

Strange. They were able to help me out when I needed an iem recommendation. 

2 minutes ago, dwang040 said:

Strange. They were able to help me out when I needed an iem recommendation. 

There is a lot of what some people call for snake oil on that site, which isn't that great if you are a "noob".

Some few people on the site seem like they actually know what they are talking about, but IMO then there is way too much snake oil for a "noob".

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

13 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

There is a lot of what some people call for snake oil on that site, which isn't that great if you are a "noob".

Some few people on the site seem like they actually know what they are talking about, but IMO then there is way too much snake oil for a "noob".

I can understand that. Even so, good review or bad, a lot or it,  such as sound and whats comfortable,  varies from each individual, so I guess you shouldn't rely on reviews heavily anyways, since you might not have the same preferences. But again, I can see the whole "snake oil" deal on music sites. 

2 minutes ago, dwang040 said:

I can understand that. Even so, good review or bad, a lot or it,  such as sound and whats comfortable,  varies from each individual, so I guess you shouldn't rely on reviews heavily anyways, since you might not have the same preferences. But again, I can see the whole "snake oil" deal on music sites. 

The thing is that some people on that website has some really weird ideas about sound, even when it comes to reviews, I would say that at best you can use the reviews on that site as a pointer, I would rather recommend SBAF and innerfidelity

23 hours ago, Dackzy said:

For OP I would personally hate using them on a daily basis, because that black box with a battery inside of it, the sound quality is decent for the price and the comfort is also pretty decent, but then again I have only tried them with the foam tip

Thanks, even mediocre sound is good enough for me since i have been using LG stock ear buds (sounds like an old fm radio) and i really like sound canceling because i hate turning up volume to block out sounds. So since its pretty cheap i'll go for it. Thanks all of you for the advice about review websites. :-)

14 minutes ago, Aladd2040 said:

Thanks, even mediocre sound is good enough for me since i have been using LG stock ear buds (sounds like an old fm radio) and i really like sound canceling because i hate turning up volume to block out sounds. So since its pretty cheap i'll go for it. Thanks all of you for the advice about review websites. :-)

just be aware of the battery weight, I found that they fall fairly easily out when you love a lot, because of the battery