Measurements

Gosmo

I need help measuring my pc's capacity compared to the physical size of the gpu I wanna buy. Anything that I could do in order to compare them?

3 minutes ago, Gosmo said:

I need help measuring my pc's capacity compared to the physical size of the gpu I wanna buy. Anything that I could do in order to compare them?

Yes look up the card size (mainly length) and measure what your case can hold

28 minutes ago, Gosmo said:

Anything that I could do in order to compare them?

Most video cards and most DIY cases provide these dimensions on their product webpages. What specific GPU, and what specific case?

I normally just buy whatever fits by eye. Lol.

The geek himself.

14 minutes ago, typographie said:

Most video cards and most DIY cases provide these dimensions on their product webpages. What specific GPU, and what specific case?

The gpu I wanna buy is msi gtx 1050ti oc dual fan edition my case is a powertech black edition mid case and my motherboard is an fm2a68m-hd+

Just now, Gosmo said:

The gpu I wanna buy is msi gtx 1050ti oc dual fan edition my case is a powertech black edition mid case and my motherboard is an fm2a68m-hd+

16 minutes ago, typographie said:

I'm afraid it won't fit. Dimensions 215 x 112 x 38

41 minutes ago, Gosmo said:

This is it

Are you including the HDD area in your measurements? I can't tell from the photo, but in many cases a video card can extend almost to the front panel if a hard disk doesn't have to be installed in exactly that spot. Depends on how the drive bays are designed.

I can't find any mention of that case in my Google searching, so unfortunately it's not simply a matter of looking at the specifications this time.

Are you including the HDD area in your measurements? I can't tell from the photo, but in many cases a video card can extend almost to the front panel if a hard disk doesn't have to be installed in exactly that spot. Depends on how the drive bays are designed.

I can't find any mention of that case in my Google searching, so unfortunately it's not simply a matter of looking at the specifications this time.

Ok no problem. Thank you for your time 

The case is power tech pt 122

i just put an msi 1050ti in an acer tower yesterday as a temporary system for a friend, it was a surprisingly small card so id say it would easily fit in that case you have since it looks bigger than this acer