Need a GPU upgrade.

So I've decided to upgrade my graphics card from the awful gt710 I currently have. My specs are:

core i5-4460

gt710

Gigabyte h81m-s

450W psu

1TB HDD

I'm looking for a decent performance, no more than 1080p resolution. I'm even fine with running games at 720p at medium settings, but I'd like that to happen after newer games come out. What I mean is, I'd like a card that has the potential to play games that comes out even a year or two later at least at 720p with medium settings. The games I would like to play are the big graphics demanding ones like the Witcher 3, Battlefield 1, Far Cry 4, Doom, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Resident evil 7, etc. I don't know if I've given the necessary info, if I'm doing this right or not, and it's my first time ever posting on a forum so please be kind. ^ω^

Also, the budget can be varied, it'd help better if you could recommend one from each price range. (Also, I prefer nvidia.)

15000 INR(Indian rupees) or below.

20000 INR or below.

25009 INR or below.

3 minutes ago, Xreldo said:

GTX 1090

Sorry, that's way beyond my price range, almost double.

4 minutes ago, Xreldo said:

GTX 1090

Get a GTX 1060, or a 960 or a 750ti.. Nvidia has a lot of budget options for you.. Stay on the gree side.. we have cookies

I love Small Form factor ITX rigs.

2 minutes ago, Stan_CR7 said:

GTX 1090 doesn't exist either.  I'll be back in a sec with some reccomendadtions, I don't know USD to Rupee conversion off the top of my head. 

Welcome to Maryland. 

We have crabs. 

4 minutes ago, Stan_CR7 said:

By the way that was a joke..

I know the card you are exactly looking for https://in.pcpartpicker.com/product/GhYWGX/pny-geforce-gtx-1060-6gb-6gb-xlr8-gaming-oc-video-card-vcggtx10606xgpb-oc

Its 1060 its cheap and it also has 2 fans so its cool and it it looks cool.

3 minutes ago, fredih said:

Get a GTX 1060, or a 960 or a 750ti.. Nvidia has a lot of budget options for you.. Stay on the gree side.. we have cookies

I've never understood why some of their cards have "ti" in their name. Is it just a naming thing or does it carry any special features?

15000 INR is about 225 dollars, so you could get an RX 480 4gb. I would go with Radeon for your use case, because the RX 480 does much better than the GTX 1060 in DX12 and Vulkan, and if you want to keep this card for a couple of years you would really like the longevity given by nice DX12 performance. I'll be back for the other price points. 

Welcome to Maryland. 

We have crabs. 

ti = more superduper than non ti versions.

what you want is a 1060 or 1050 with ti behind the number if you can afford it.

which one? pick a color, all the same more or less. go for the highest number you can afford :-)

and stay green, because I hate red for no reasonable reason at all

Unfortunately spending 20000 Rupees or about 300 USD would only get you a more expensive GTX 1060/RX 480 so in my opinion not worth it, save 5000 rupees and stay at RX 480 4gb

Welcome to Maryland. 

We have crabs. 

3 minutes ago, Cyndre1033 said:

Unfortunately spending 20000 Rupees or about 300 USD would only get you a more expensive GTX 1060/RX 480 so in my opinion not worth it, save 5000 rupees and stay at RX 480 4gb

Alright dude I'm seeing more people saying the RX 480 so I guess I'll do that. Use the extra on some peripherals I guess. But won't the heating be a problem? Or is it, like some people say, a myth that AMD still heats up more than nvidia?

25000 Rupees is about 375 USD. You could get a nice deal on a GTX 1070 at that price point. On Newegg US there is a killer deal on the ASUS Strix 1070, but you would have to check Indian websites to find prices where you are. 

Welcome to Maryland. 

We have crabs. 

Get a card to push you through to next summer - hopefully at that time Vega is not only out and optimized - but it in stock. 

I got my 1070 in December, if it was January - i'd have stuck with the 770 to Vega. 

Even a 1050ti is pretty ok.

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

Synology NAS 1 x 4TB 1 x 8TB

1 minute ago, Stan_CR7 said:

Alright dude I'm seeing more people saying the RX 480 so I guess I'll do that. Use the extra on some peripherals I guess. But won't the heating be a problem? Or is it, like some people say, a myth that AMD still heats up more than nvidia?

Mostly when people talk about AMD heat they talk about CPUs, but even then it isn't a huge problem anymore. Just get a 480 with nice cooling from someone like MSI (just make sure it isn't a reference cooler) and you'll be fine. 

Welcome to Maryland. 

We have crabs. 

3 minutes ago, LabRat said:

what 450watt PS is it?

Can't say man, I had my friend come over this afternoon to check and all he said was it's 450W and that's all I had to know.

10 minutes ago, Arc_Jester said:

Despite your preference a 480 is a very good option: https://in.pcpartpicker.com/product/7wgPxr/msi-radeon-rx-480-8gb-gaming-x-video-card-radeon-rx-480-gaming-x-8g

P.S. This is a great deal btw.

P.P.S. what model is that PSU?

Can't say really, this afternoon I told my friend to check and all he said was it's 450W and that's all I had to know.

In acceding order of price and with that performance: 1050, RX 470 or 1060 3GB, RX 480 or 1060 6GB, 1070, 1080.

The RX 470 is the sweet spot for 1080p gaming currently. You can usually find the RX 470 and RX 480 for cheaper than Nvidia's offerings. Make sure the GPU you get has a good cooler or you could be dealing with high temps and no OC potential.

i5-6600k (4.6) | Dark Rock 3 | MSI GAMING X 1060 6GB | 8GB DDR4 | 120GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Crystal 460x

| Acer GN246HL 1080p 24" 144hz & Acer G246HL 1080p 24" 60hz |

PSU Tier List | PC Partpickers: US Canada Australia UK

18 minutes ago, Cyndre1033 said:

Mostly when people talk about AMD heat they talk about CPUs, but even then it isn't a huge problem anymore. Just get a 480 with nice cooling from someone like MSI (just make sure it isn't a reference cooler) and you'll be fine. 

Thanks, I just saw one in Amazon which is an ASUS model with 8GB VRAM at ~21k INR.