Crysis 3 Max Gaming Pc $3500 Budget

str8jks

Hey everyone just wanting some full builds you would recommend that will be able to run games like crysis 3 farcry 3 ect on max settings im awear that it's overkill but it something i would like to do Obviously the less i spend the better but I am happy spending the full budget i need complete builds case cooling cpu gpu ect everything thanks!

With that budget you should probably consider doing a custom loop but for the core components I'd probably go with

i7 3930k

Asus Rampage IV

Dual or Triple 7970

Corsair 800D

16Gb Dominator Platimum

really any good ~1000W fully modular psu to make it just look better

any ssd (840 pro, neutron gtx, m5 extreme)

any hhd

and you have about $500~600 left (based on a triple 7970) for a custom loop, lighting, cable sleeving kits and fans depending on what other components you chose

3770k, Asrock Extreme 4, 16GB Dominator Plat, AX760i, 250GB BX100, 1.5TB Seagate, Win 7 Home Prem 

Seeing as you said you wanted to run Crysis 3 on max settings and $3500 was your max budget I suggest somethng along the lines of this:

3570K or 8350

Swiftech H220, H100i ect

Asus P8Z77-V Pro, AsRock Extreme 6 I think it is, MSI Mpower or AMD equivalents

8GB of 1600Mhz C9 RAM - Corsair Vengeance

120GB SSD - Samsung 840, 840 Pro, Kingston HyperK, OCZ Vector, Sandisk Extreme ect.

Seagate Barracuda 1TB

600w PSU - Seasonic, Silverstone, Antec

Corsair C70, 600T, NZXT 410 ect

GPU: depends what you're gaming on, specifically 60Hz vs 120 or 144 Hz. If you're only going 60Hz then a 670 or 7970 is fine. Saphire and MSI are both good choices as are Asus though I'm hearing more and more complaints about fan noise as the days go bye. Personally I wouldn't touch Gigabyte as they often have coil whine issues which are a pain to RMA - I know because I've got a Gigabyte 9600GT and it whines like a. ..... EVGA are a sort of hit and miss thing lately - some people have good experiences and some have bad. If you're not buying immediately I'll be able to give you my personal experience with EVGA cards in my new rig (680+).

If you're going with 120Hz monitors then I'd look into going into Crossfire/SLI.

And lastly at everyone else who will reply - just because he has the money doesn't mean he has to spend it.

With that budget you should probably consider doing a custom loop but for the core components I'd probably go with

i7 3930k

Asus Rampage IV

Dual or Triple 7970

Corsair 800D

16Gb Dominator Platimum

any hhd

and you have about $500~600 left (based on a triple 7970) for a custom loop, lighting, cable sleeving kits and fans depending on what other components you chose

Far too overkill for what he wants to do, I respect your opinion, why wouldn't I, but Custom Looping, Dominator Platinum RAM, 1000W PSU? Just a little ott..

+1 with you windspeed, on the several Tech Forums I'm a member of I'm forever trying to tell people just because they have the money it doesn't mean they have to spend it..

Anyway, since you're wanting a Gaming PC I'll focus most on the GPU, but since you have the money there's no reason why you can't have a decent all rounded PC.

CPU: Intel i5 3230/3225/3570k

Motherboard: ASRock Extreme6.

RAM: 8GB's of Corsair Vengeance (1600MHz)

GPU: GTX 2GB 670/680 Or a Radeon 7950/7970 (I'd personally prefer a 670/680 To a 7950/7970)

PSU: Corsair TX650/750

HDD: Seagate 500GB/1TB HDD

SSD: 120GB Corsair Force GT/Corsair Neutron GTX

Case: Corsair 500r

Could make a couple changes to lower the price, as you can still have a fantastic beast gaming PC for $1000, but in case you decide to do anything else in the future it'd be nice to have a good all rounded PC in the first place so you wouldn't have to upgrade in the future, which is what the above is.

Anyway, in case you don't have peripherals I'd recommend an LG 23" IPS Monitor, Corsair M65 Mouse and any Logitech Gaming Keyboard. But in case you do then just forget the above, or you could use the money you originally planned on spending in getting better peripherals, for example the above.

Good luck :)

i7 3930k

Asus Rampage IV

Dual or Triple 7970

Corsair 800D

16Gb Dominator Platimum

any hhd

I realize there are a lot more conservative options and i know it's overkill but I am just suggesting a premium option for him since he did state that he wouldn't mind maxing out the budget for a really powerful rig.

3770k, Asrock Extreme 4, 16GB Dominator Plat, AX760i, 250GB BX100, 1.5TB Seagate, Win 7 Home Prem 

You should at least get a modular power supply... I think a SeaSonic X750 or Corsair HX750 would be good here. I think the ADATA XPG SX900 would be just as good of an SSD for a bit less than the Corsair drive. Corsair 500R is just a 400R with more radiator space up top.

The 3225 is an i3 CPU and with only 2 physical cores it would definitely bottleneck with two 680s/7970s.

The Intel 3225 is an i3, and with only 2 physical cores would certainly bottleneck with two 680s/7970s. I'm not sure why you would recommend a mediocre non-modular power supply to someone with a $3500 budget. Obviously we don't need to recommend the most expensive platinum PSU but I think something a little nicer than the TX series is warranted here. A SeaSonic X750 or Corsair HX750 would be better options. As for the SSD I think the ADATA XPG SX900 would be just as good as the Corsair drive while a bit cheaper. The 500R is just a 400R with more radiator space up top. I'll leave the case up to the OP though since aesthetics and personal preference play a large role in the choice of a case.