Need a New Router

MeM

Hi, I was looking for a new router. I have a 3200 sq. foot home with 2 floors and all wooden wall. The router is on the second floor. It has to penetrate usually 2-4 walls and/or a floor, and it has to have at a minimum 4 ethernet ports. I need a replacement because our current one, a Cisco Linksys Wireless-N Gigabit Router Model No. WRT310N, and our provider is Cox Wireless. Our current setup has constant drops, slowdowns especially on the opposite end of our house on the bottom floor. 

If you have a recommended router then please put a link to it in the comments. Ask if you need the modem or any additional information and I will provide it. 

I think the best idea is get a wifi extender, what do you mean the setup has  constant drops and you have a different modem right?

What's your budget on a new AP/router? honestly i would suggest using ubiquiti if you want solid performance.

1 hour ago, StrayanDropbear said:

What's your budget on a new AP/router? honestly i would suggest using ubiquiti if you want solid performance.

What about Cisco, I use their Aironet 1142N and I haven't experienced any problems.

1 hour ago, droidrzrlover said:

What about Cisco, I use their Aironet 1142N and I haven't experienced any problems.

Yeah there's nothing wrong with Cisco either, depends on budget.

1 hour ago, StrayanDropbear said:

Yeah there's nothing wrong with Cisco either, depends on budget.

That is true... you can get Cisco routers off of ebay for cheap but if you buy from a Cisco partner, you pay a LOT of money. (I think)

29 minutes ago, droidrzrlover said:

you can get Cisco routers off of ebay for cheap but if you buy from a Cisco partner, you pay a LOT of money. (I think)

Cisco products second hand are so cheap compared to buying from cisco partners. they charge more than your kidney..

4 hours ago, StrayanDropbear said:

Cisco products second hand are so cheap compared to buying from cisco partners. they charge more than your kidney..

I know that buddy... I bought my Cisco 2801 and 1941 off of eBay.